Bought Headlight from EU website located in Italy - EU approval issue?

KovaCro
New Community Member

Hello everyone, I have many questions to ask, and how is this possible?

I found headlight for my motorcycle that I like, I checked prices, checked stores for hours, and finally decided I do not want to RISK some aliexpress no name, headlight product, and to buy it 10 times more expensive in EU store where it says EU approved.

Title says: EU APPROVED

Description says: "E9, CE, RoHS, DOT E-MARK approved"

EU approval needs to be written on product, but it is not, I asked for papers, there are no papers. I wanted ROAD legal headlight, I got some fake, no name headlight that cost $50 for 200 Euros. Off course I thought it is EU approved, I installed it on my motorcycle, to install it I had to cut some wires to fit my bike. Headlight looks cool works fine, I went to registration center in my country (EU), and they check headlight, they ask me for papers (I got none), they ask me for Approval code (number), they can't find it on the headlight, they take photos of headlight, and tell me they will get in touch.

I got call from them, saying this headlight is not certified in EU and it is not ROAD LEGAL!!! 

I ran dispute on PayPal, they say I need to return it in same shape and package I got it?! What? Wait a second, I didn't say I'm not happy with headlight, I'm saying that title and description mention EU APPROVED, E9, Rohs etc, and I just need PROOF that it is approved, and instead of them getting me my number, I get condition to return it?! 

Why PayPal didn't ask Seller to prove it is EU approved, In my country I'm not even allowed to send back items that are not certified, or that are 
Fraudulent. 

Lamp that cost $50 paid 200 Euros, and I got stabbed in my back with request to return it in first condition, I would NEVER buy item that is not EU approved in first place, I would NEVER install it to my motorcycle! It is not my fault. Anyone know a way to help me out, would appreciate it, thank you!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.