Bonanza

Jenniferdawnpro
New Community Member

Anyone else getting scammed by Bonanza sellers. Be aware that Paypal will side with them even though no product was received. The scam is after you make the purchase they send you an email saying you will get two different tracking numbers. Then they only send you the invoice and not the product. Shame on Paypal and Bonanza.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

waverunner241
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased an item from Bonanza seller and after two days, I realized that the seller was scammer.  Never received any shipping information after 4 days and I sent an email requesting tracking information.  Unfortunately, didn't received any reply from the seller and I filed a dispute with PayPal on June 29th.

PayPal send me an USPS tracking number and it seems very fish and saying it was delivered to same Zip code after 3 days I filed a dispute (from China, delivering in a week is unheard of).

I had multiple calls with PayPal and meantime I received an email from Bonanza saying they have permanently banned the seller due to fraudulent activity and asked me file a dispute with PayPal.

Long story short, I had contact USPS and finally USPS sent me an email with the USPS label picture showing tracking number (last 4 digits were not provided) and showing sender and receiver full name and address.  The sender was not the seller (the tracking number was for a delivered item from a US sender to an address in my zip code area) and it was delivered to an another person in the same zip code as I am.  In order words, the seller provided a hacked USPS tracking number matching the same delivery zip code.

USPS asked me to forward the email to PayPal for refund and it has been 2 weeks.  PayPal is keep postponing the resolution dates twice already.  I was told that PayPal will validate the information from USPS to USPS.  All good with me, but I want PayPal to resolve faster.  

I filed the dispute on June 29th and it is August 31st now.  It happened to be I had enough balance on my PayPal account and the payment was made out of my PayPal account.  Due to that, I have to rely on PayPal 100%.  I learned lesson that I will not leave any balance on my PayPal account.

If this was with a credit card or bank account, I would have it resolved long time ago.

Hope this scammers will disappear form the earth!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.