Blocked account. No info

Nally1990
Contributor
Contributor

Hello any helping people.

My account was limited and blocked. after many messages and many calls I never got any answer and no any reply to my question 'Why'. Just that my account is blocked and needed to wait the usual 180 days.

We're almost 180 days later, no email, no info, no answers to any messages, I decide to check my account and... money is gone, transferred. Transferred to who, where??? no info. In the notification it's clearly written "Funds in your balance will be held for 180 days, after which we’ll send you an email with instructions about withdrawing your funds." but nothing, no Email!

If people did put a payment dispute, ok but where is that info? How can I defend myself and control/check this if I no get any messages? How come that all money can be taken out when 50% of that money is transferred from an official account working with PayPal?

Can please someone help me or talk me how to get answers or have people who can give answers about this matter?

Thank you much.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nally1990 

Is there a memo that says something like "damages for violation of User agreement"? There should be a transaction listing in your account activity and once you click on it, you can find memo there? Did they take the money in January 2020? Or December 2019?

"transferred from an official account working with PayPal"

What do you mean? Some of the funds were officially from doing work with PayPal, the company and they paid you? Or simply from another registered PayPal user?

You probably will have to get a solicitor to submit papers asking for information. PayPal won't tell you through the phone from what I've observed. There have been reports of this happening to some permanently limited accounts.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nally1990 

Is there a memo that says something like "damages for violation of User agreement"? There should be a transaction listing in your account activity and once you click on it, you can find memo there? Did they take the money in January 2020? Or December 2019?

"transferred from an official account working with PayPal"

What do you mean? Some of the funds were officially from doing work with PayPal, the company and they paid you? Or simply from another registered PayPal user?

You probably will have to get a solicitor to submit papers asking for information. PayPal won't tell you through the phone from what I've observed. There have been reports of this happening to some permanently limited accounts.

Login to Me Too

Nally1990
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for the update. Yes but when I follow the link, it says 'error'. The link is broken or no information available. Even the link 'resolution center' is dead. The only info I read is 'payment to:Paypal, PayPal's damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation.' ??? Now I got info that the money has been transferred and used as a fine because of a violation. Correct? If this is right, I understand but at least PayPal sould inform and hide people update and communicate correctly with customers and show proof of why them decide. Anyway, Thank you again for your quick feedback.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nally1990 

You're welcome.

Correct. If you see that memo and it says for "damages caused by Acceptable Use Policy violation" then that's why they took the money. Yes, they should put a line in the email saying that the funds may be reduced or subjected entirely as fines for damages due to violation of Acceptable use Policy. It would help and make people walk around with a question mark.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.