Block Account permanently without reason or explanation and I can't reach a person

Anitah329
Contributor
Contributor

I sold two PS4 systems that I purchased two years ago on EBAY packed and shipped them to the customers who received them without complaint.  Paypal first restricted the account and then several days later permanently banned it without any evidence just a statement of fraudulent activity.   I provided my driver's license and the bank accounts that are connected are my own.  Paypal is holding over $500 and also will not allow me to remove my banking information from their site.  If anyone has had a similar experience and can advise next steps I would appreciate it.  Thank-you 

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Michaelperry11
Contributor
Contributor
I had this exact problem just now, I sold shoes on eBay and first I was under review and now I’m banned. I don’t understand why eBay allows me to use pay pal for cashing out if PayPal is going to ban my account after getting paid from eBay!
Login to Me Too

Anitah329
Contributor
Contributor

In my case Ebay didn't know about it until after the money was already deposited into paypal.  Is your money stuck too?

Login to Me Too

Aavesh
Contributor
Contributor
Yes my money is in the account and still my account is gone.
Login to Me Too

brycenc

Having the same issue right now, I ordered a bunch of stuff online and my account got limited, I showed proof that I made all the transactions and I showed my proof of ID, couple days later they banned my account and I have $400 of my balance stuck in the account and I can't even transfer it to my bank account. I don't understand why I got banned, each card on the account is under my name. What are you doing right now to try to solve your issue? I cant find a way to get in contact with Paypal right now except with using the message center but I have no idea if they'll even fix this or even reply any time soon.

Login to Me Too

Michaelperry11
Contributor
Contributor
Try calling PayPal, that is what I did. I have a transaction going through currently, should be around $150. My account is banned aswell. The woman on the phone said i shoujd be able to deposit the money once it enters my account. The money I have in my account now is not depositable, though. I made the woman confirm with me multiple times that I would be able to get the money out, so let’s hope it works. If you can’t get it out, call the help center. The chat was busted for me, but I got a real person to talk to on the phone after a few hours in line. Definitely give them a call.
Login to Me Too

Anitah329
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried ever option they have and haven't got a person but I just talked to ebay and they are starting managed payments meaning the money is deposited directly into your account and does not go through paypal.  You have to establish this when you make the listing but no more dealing with paypal and their horrible customer service.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.