Bitcoin to paypal

Jen004
Contributor
Contributor

Not sure if i can get help on this, but i have nothing else to lose. I transferred $1200 to a bitcoin to paypal website that claimed to transfer your money in minutes. On October 6th i sent them $1200 in bitcoin to be transferred to my paypal and they never did. They no longer answer my emails and blocked me from their Facebook page when i kept asking where my money was. They have had this website for a year. They have a Paypal account which i wouldn't doubt are probably transferring all the stolen money in their own accounts. My question is since these theives have a paypal account, should i contact Paypal about them for fraud alert? I know i lost my money with no hope to getting it back since they blocked me from contacting them, which proves they are frauds and thieves.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jen004 

To report the PayPal account holder, see (Violations of the Acceptable Use Policy section):

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/acceptableuse-full?locale.x=en_US

It not officially possible to transfer Bitcoins to PayPal directly. PayPal also does not allow PayPal accounts to be used for currency exchanging services, too. Those third party exchanges are just unsanctioned workarounds that the sketchy have come up with to do it and are mostly fraudulent. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jen004 

To report the PayPal account holder, see (Violations of the Acceptable Use Policy section):

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/acceptableuse-full?locale.x=en_US

It not officially possible to transfer Bitcoins to PayPal directly. PayPal also does not allow PayPal accounts to be used for currency exchanging services, too. Those third party exchanges are just unsanctioned workarounds that the sketchy have come up with to do it and are mostly fraudulent. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Jen004
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for the response. I wasn't aware PayPal doesn't allow that. Lesson learned by me. Expensive lesson
Login to Me Too

jmj1107
New Community Member

Sorry to read that you lost $1200.  I am wondering how PP can help.  Within the last 2 months there was a link on PayPal for me to be able to purchase BTC.  I only purchased about $10 worth to see how it worked.  In order for me to withdrawal or transfer PP stated I had to scan driver's license.  I was able to scan the front but not the back.  I ended up using CashApp for my transaction and was going to deal with PP later.  Now I CANNOT FIND the BTC icon that shows the funds I transferred.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.