Bitcoin Fraud - Unfairly closed dispute

RaySeven
New Community Member

Hey everyone,

My PayPal account was opened in Canada but I've been living in Japan for the last 5 years, and have had no issues with sending and receiving money through PayPal whatsoever. 2 days ago, I found a charge for $750 on my account that removed money from my balance, as well as credit card. It was completely unauthorized and I had no idea who the transaction was with (I saw their profile pic and name - an account based in Korea), or what it was for. I immediately disputed it and waited for a response.

In the meantime, some guy (presumably the seller), emails me asking me (by my name) if I was the one he traded BTC with. I told him no, and asked him to show me screenshots of our conversation. He sends me an image with anonymous usernames going back and forth in broken English, and none of this has anything to do with me, and I haven't even heard of the website shown in the image. I make it clear that I've opened a dispute and request that if he can do anything from his end to reverse the charge, to please do so. He stopped responding after that and hasn't gotten back to me despite numerous attempts. PayPal then closes my case this morning saying they had no reason to believe it was unauthorized and I have no idea how to move on. This makes zero sense and I don't even know how to tell if my entire account including username/passwords, or credit card details, are all compromised.

I'd appreciate any advice or help, since it's urgent. Thanks in advance!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.