Billing dispute doesn't match our qualification for a billing dispute

RUKIDDINGME2019
Contributor
Contributor

Please read and tell me how this could be denied!

Ordered a CUSTOM 3D PHOTO MOON LAMP 9cm on the morning of 11/2/19. Decided to cancel order later that day (2:55pm). I sent an email to the company listed on the confirmation of order placed (fungifts) canceling.
On 11/7/19 I received an email from sales@giftcats NOT fungifts stating tracking information.
I immediately sent a reply email stating I had canceled and why was I receiving tracking information.
Sales@giftcats email reply was they never received my cancellation email (very suspicious).
Giftcats said they wanted me to receive product and if there was any issues they would resolve.
I received the product and immediately sent an email stating I did not want. The product was too small, and quality was NOT to my standards.
They replied asking for a photo of which I immediately sent.
They received the photo and said they see no quality issues and will not issue a return label or a refund.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RUKIDDINGME2019 

This is not a billing error issue but a Significantly Not As Described (SNAD) issue. Please contact PayPal customer service to change your dispute/claim to SNAD.

The billing error option has more to do with errors PayPal's system made. (ie. you canceled a billing agreement or automatic payment on the Manage automatic payments page but still a charge went through or there is a PayPal transaction appearing twice, or a refund that PayPal processed in the wrong amount from what was indicated.) Nothing to do with your canceling with a merchant or you receiving an item you do not want because PayPal is not the seller. It has to be dealt with the merchant or the dialogue is facilitated through a INR (Item Not Received) or SNAD (Significantly Not As Described) claim instead.

Always ensure the right report or dispute option is chosen for successful results.

To contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other contact options.

Call early, during business hours, west coast time to try to get a US rep. 

Or contact via social media:

Facebook (US): https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter (US): @AskPayPal 

NOTE: PayPal has conditions your claim have to meet to be eligible for a SNAD claim though, or you will lose claim. You may consider giving the item away as a gift or donating in to charity if your claim is unsuccessful.

Purchase Protection

Significantly Not as Described claims

An item may be considered Significantly Not as Described if:

• The item is materially different from the seller’s description of it.
  • You received a completely different item.
  • The condition of the item was misrepresented. For example, the item was described as “new” but the item was used.
  • The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic (i.e. counterfeit).
  • The item is missing major parts or features and those facts were not disclosed in the description of the item when you bought it.
  • You purchased a certain number of items but didn’t receive them all.
  • The item was damaged during shipment.
  • The item is unusable in its received state and was not disclosed as such.

An item may not be considered Significantly Not as Described if:

• The defect in the item was correctly described by the seller in its description of the item.
  • The item was properly described but you didn't want it after you received it.
  • The item was properly described but did not meet your expectations.
  • The item has minor scratches and was described as “used."

Please do more research on a merchant before buying. Stick to stores and brands you know and trust.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

RUKIDDINGME2019
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for this information. Why didn’t PayPal tell me this as its been going on since November!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.