Billing and Resolution Center problem handling

Anita3833
Contributor
Contributor

I had set up a recurring annual payment and forgot about it. When the second payment was charged a year later, I disputed it. The resolution center sent me a message telling me they had (1) credited my PayPal account and that they had (2) contacted the vendor to cancel my account with them.  I then remembered what the payment was for and dealing directly with the vendor created a new account using a different email address and a non-PayPal method of payment. 

The following week PayPal informed me they were sustaining the original charge.  So at that point, I had paid the annual fee for the service in question twice.

I complained to the customer service folks, but they have not acknowledged my complaint.  I went to the firm who should by now have been double paid, explained this to them, and they have no record of the PayPal payment using either of my emails and they also tell me they have no record of the invoice number indicated in the PayPal system.

The amount in question is not significant, but I would like to resolve this. I want to keep the third party vendor's service, but I don't want to pay for it twice and I have no idea how to get PayPal to help with the problem.

Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.