Beware

Bawstungrl
Contributor
Contributor

How will you protect those of us that have been scammed, why are scammers still able to use PayPal ?

I want to post a photo to substantiate my claim but no where is there a place for me to do so

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bawstungrl 

Anyone worldwide can open a website in a few minutes and add paypal as a payment processor, no way can paypal vet the millions that do so worldwide.

They give you 'some' buyer protection but its not an insurance policy and not supposed to be, you read up on it and then risk assess your own transactions.

If you make a mistake with the seller you choose then paypal may bail you out but its never a guarantee.  

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bawstungrl
Contributor
Contributor

Yes Paypal  should be monitored, the burden of proof should not be on the consumer to prove fraudulent transactions! I use PayPal for the benefit of being protected and if I decide they can no longer protect me it would be time to find another venue.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bawstungrl 

They do protect you 'up to' the limits stated in their buyer protection policy in their user agreement.

Read it and then risk assess your own transactions.

No payment processor gives you 100% protection, even credit cards are turning down some claims from buyers that bought tat from these China web sites.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.