cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware of eBay toilet paper scammers

Highlighted
Contributor

Beware of eBay toilet paper scammers

I ordered toilet paper through an eBay vendor on 3/19/20 to be sent to my housebound 81 year old aunt in Tucson, I'm on the east coast.  Well on 3/20/20 the seller was listed as no longer being registered on eBay.  It was guaranteed to arrive by 3/25/20 and being sent USPS Priority mail according to the original listing.  Well it did not arrive.  As soon as I saw the seller as no longer registered I knew I'd been scammed.  I've opened a dispute with PayPal, but I notice on PayPal that the listing was shipped "MANUAL" with approximate arrival by 3/25/20, which is NOT what was on the eBay listing.  I took a screenshot of the eBay listing when I purchased it to send to my aunt so she wouldn't worry and I still have it.

Other than opening the disputer for an unregistered eBay seller, any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any information.

2 REPLIES 2
Esteemed Advisor

Re: Beware of eBay toilet paper scammers

@Deneen1962 

Look up and click on the PayPal transaction for this purchase, was a tracking number uploaded? If the seller just marked it as Shipped with no tracking number, go ahead and file an Item Not Received dispute to force a tracking number to be given. If it turns out that the tracking number shows delivered and you've asked the courier on the whereabouts of your package and it turns out to be fake, you'll need to get official documentation of their investigation and appeal the PayPal case should you lose.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Beware of eBay toilet paper scammers

No, there wasn't a tracking number.  In that field the seller wrote "MANUAL".

Thanks!!