Beware of eBay toilet paper scammers

Deneen1962
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered toilet paper through an eBay vendor on 3/19/20 to be sent to my housebound 81 year old aunt in Tucson, I'm on the east coast.  Well on 3/20/20 the seller was listed as no longer being registered on eBay.  It was guaranteed to arrive by 3/25/20 and being sent USPS Priority mail according to the original listing.  Well it did not arrive.  As soon as I saw the seller as no longer registered I knew I'd been scammed.  I've opened a dispute with PayPal, but I notice on PayPal that the listing was shipped "MANUAL" with approximate arrival by 3/25/20, which is NOT what was on the eBay listing.  I took a screenshot of the eBay listing when I purchased it to send to my aunt so she wouldn't worry and I still have it.

Other than opening the disputer for an unregistered eBay seller, any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Deneen1962 

Look up and click on the PayPal transaction for this purchase, was a tracking number uploaded? If the seller just marked it as Shipped with no tracking number, go ahead and file an Item Not Received dispute to force a tracking number to be given. If it turns out that the tracking number shows delivered and you've asked the courier on the whereabouts of your package and it turns out to be fake, you'll need to get official documentation of their investigation and appeal the PayPal case should you lose.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Deneen1962
Contributor
Contributor

No, there wasn't a tracking number.  In that field the seller wrote "MANUAL".

Thanks!!

Login to Me Too

Oceanflurry
Contributor
Contributor
Please help me because I have had the same problem and NO ONE from Paypal has tried to help me. I do have a tracking number but it was sent to the wrong place on purpose. But when Paypal sees it as delivered they do not car at that point and I am **bleep**. I have the i formation where it was shipped from...which was some type of pharmacy and delivered to an impatient hospital in my zip code area.
Login to Me Too

Oceanflurry
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same problem started a claim with Paypal and because they were fooled and the tracking number sad delivered they no longer care at all. Even though the package was never sent to me at all and I can prove that
Login to Me Too

Deneen1962
Contributor
Contributor

When you filed your claim, did you choose the claim that you didn't receive the package?    

That is what I did, eventually I got my money back from PayPal, but they were running behind so it took about 2 weeks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.