Beware of car seat scams

ethomas1290
Contributor
Contributor

I fell for an ad on a carseat, original prive $300 was on sale for 69.99. Immediately after the purchase I knew it was a scam because instead of going to the business name it went to a chinese name. Paypal has been an absolute nightmare to deal with in regards to the dispute, over a month investigation and they denied my case stating it was delivered on 11/15 but that is a lie I never received anything. I even have an email from the buyer stating 11/16 my item has not shipped but will ship in 5-7 days, thats when I asked the seller for a refund and he said he will refund me if I close the case. The fact that paypal does not protect their buyers is beyond disgusting. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ethomas1290 

The problem was the a $300 car seat for $69.99 price tag. That is pie in the sky, too good to be true. There was tracking showing proof of delivery so you need to provide official evidence that the tracking number is fake or the item was misdelivered from the courier. File ic3.gov report with this official documentation to appeal case. Just disagreeing with the decision won't do.

Or otherwise, file a dispute with your credit card issuer, if you paid with credit card.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ethomas1290
Contributor
Contributor

Yea I am upset because I should of know better. I am currently in contact with USPS to get evidence that the tracking is fake. 

Login to Me Too

Lee2244
New Community Member
So how were u able to get a refund?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.