Beware of Zi’an Technology

Kissme7
Contributor
Contributor

So and so I ordered from this company called Zi’an Technology and paid $46.97. I received the items today and from the look of it doesn’t worth $46.97. I wish I can include a photo here. PayPal  help us buyers from these scammers. I believe in you. I just filed a dispute to get my money back and see how it goes

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Amyaileen 

In the event of a dispute you choose your seller and not Paypal so you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you go ahead and buy from that seller / country.

Paypal state this >>
IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Amyaileen
Contributor
Contributor

I received an eyelash/brow kit and a cheap pair of corded ear buds. Definitely NOT worth the 46, let alone the 200 that was promised. 

Login to Me Too

Kissme7
Contributor
Contributor

I received some kind of an ear bud too and a cheap smart bracelet. They all doesn’t look that worth $46 too. I filed a dispute last week against them. I have a good faith with PayPal and hoping they’ll look into it. 
Please let me know how yours turn out.

Login to Me Too

Amyaileen
Contributor
Contributor
They offered a "full refund" if I return the items to China. The package said NJ. I have to pay for the shipping to China. This is not acceptable. How about you?
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Amyaileen 

In the event of a dispute you choose your seller and not Paypal so you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you go ahead and buy from that seller / country.

Paypal state this >>
IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kissme7
Contributor
Contributor

I had the same too. They offered a refund if returned to China but the packaging was from NY.

Login to Me Too

Kissme7
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, have you tried to return those items that you received yet? The shipping is quite expensive but you can get the priority flat rate envelope for $39 total with tracking number and insurance included. Also you can get the refund for your shipping cost. Just make sure to take photos of your package with the  address on it and your receipt with tracking information on it from  the post office. I did all those and hopefully the PayPal will help me resolved this soon. Good luck and let me know how’s yours turned out. Take care!

Login to Me Too

Branka1

Hi

I had problem with them too,the mistery box never arrived.I opened dispute ,but unfortunately Paypal closed the case in Zi'an favor,because they provided some phony tracking number that showed item has been delivered, which is a lie.

Don't rely on help from Paypal,my friend..Simply ,we should never order from chinese websites,biggest scammers.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.