Beware!!!!! Chinese Fake Video Card Scam PayPal and ebay are in on it.

geekcommand
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a dispute case based on item not as described back in 04/2018 because I received 4 fake GTX 1060 video cards from a Chinese seller on ebay. Took the seller 2 moths to respond then PayPal says I need to ship the fake video cards to China (shipping $275.00). The cost of the video cards was $272.48 and the item was shipped to me from the City of Industry, California. So I go to PayPal's website and try to upload my response and photos but the website does not allow me to upload anything. I call customer service and tell them that the website won't allow me to upload anything and they tell me email your response to *******@paypal.com so I did. I waited a few weeks and see the resolution center is still awaiting buyer response. Once again I call customer service spend 25 minutes on hold and talk to a young lady who is obviously in a call center in India I go through the whole spiel with her again so she tells me she sent my case to the back office for quick review and I told her do not do that because I know how you guys operate and that will equal a quick denial. I told her I need to get my documentation in to the system first so she gives me a different email address to send my documentation to @*****@paypal.com. I then thank her for the help and we hang up I proceed to forward the previous email I sent to @******@paypal.com, but even before I send it I get a response back from PayPal saying your claim has been denied due to lack of evidence on my part. Of course there is a lack of evidence on my part I have no way to provide any evidence the website won't let me upload anything and the customer service people keep giving me email addresses that no one checks. The message in the resolution center says the case is closed you have 5 days to file an appeal but the case is still under open cases the only way you can appeal is when it is a closed case so once again the website is not functioning properly so I can file an appeal HMMMMM do you see a pattern here!!!! I truly believe PayPal does this on purpose they make the resolution process so arduous and painful that not only will you give up on your current case but you will never file one again because you know it is a moot point. Elon Musk you should be ashamed of what you have created here there is no integrity, honor, honesty, or ethics at PayPal. Just false promises of buyer security the resolution process is just a fake hope of getting your money back after being defrauded and then people find out the real truth when it is too late.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.