Besttobuy website is a scam

Bon18
Contributor
Contributor

You buy something from them then can't get back to the website to check on the order. No communication at all.

Total Scam 

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bon18 

Is it one of these?

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.
Also Paypal may contribute towards return costs IF you have activated the below link (if available in your country).
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Bon18
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you sound about right. I have contacted paypal they are helping me.  

Login to Me Too

Knocka
Contributor
Contributor

Funny thing is the tracking number shows the product as being delivered but I never received it. Also PayPal in their wisdom didn't take the payment.

Login to Me Too

Bon18
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal closed my case after not being able to resolve it. .I had to go the my bank and file a dispute against that company. To try and get my money back.

Hopefully it works.

Login to Me Too

tazi2010
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I sincerely apologize for your poor experience.

As you stated the payment was not taken, so obviously the goods will not be sent out, the system was showing as the goods being delivered because as I have stated in my other message, the system is still in development, we do not wish to take any payments whatsoever from anyone until we are fully ready and able to fulfill orders.

Once again sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.

Kind regards

Login to Me Too

tazi2010
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am one of the owners of the new website besttobuy and I have come across your comments.

I am very disappointed to read your comments and can only apologize for the inconvenience.

However, as yet we are not actually fully operational, we are still adding products and getting all our systems in place. The site is on the internet for testing and development purposes, as we have people working on it from various parts of the World, and with it being online, they are able to access the backend from wherever they are and do their work on it.

I have looked at the order list and noted as yet there is only one failed order, which is intentional, as we do not wish to take anyone's money until we are able to fulfil the orders.

So please note our site is not a scam, but one still in development and will not be fully live until the new year.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do in the meantime.

Once again please accept my apologies for any inconvenience.

Kind regards

Login to Me Too

tazi2010
Contributor
Contributor

Also if there is anyone who has an order, or has made any payment to us and has any issues with lost money or anything, please do contact us on the website or here and we shall refund you immediately.

The reason why PayPal didn't take the money is that we do not wish for the system to take money as yet, as we are not ready to take orders, please understand.

Kind regards

Login to Me Too

Bon18
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal did take my money and It took me awhile to get it back. I never did get what I ordered.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.