Best Specialty Store

Vignesh_ramanan
Contributor
Contributor

I have made a purchase from the <removed> (Fake Dyson website) and I later found they are a fraudulent merchant.

I do have the Receipt no from Paypal,but I have purchased through credit card. I could not see this transaction from my paypal account activity and I could not raise a dispute for the refund.

Can you please provide the solution to get back my money.

Login to Me Too
77 REPLIES 77

callmesteve9

Hi.  Can I get that bogus phone number you had for them.  I had a number in December but lost it.  Meantime they put paypal's number on my CC bill even though I didn't purchase through paypal.  Thanks.  S.

Login to Me Too

NurseKimberly
Contributor
Contributor

I didn’t have a number to reach them. Should of realized then how stupid it was. I disputed through PayPal’s suspected fraudulent activity and was reimbursed that way.

Login to Me Too

NurseKimberly
Contributor
Contributor

Make sure you do it on a computer. Not your phone. And go to the suspect fraudulent activity. So you can dispute it. 

Login to Me Too

Wils66
I purchased a nitendo switch lite for my grandson for his birthday Still no switch. No way to contact. How do I get my money back
Login to Me Too

amanda_1427
Contributor
Contributor
I notified my credit card company and they handled the dispute with PayPal. Thankfully I didn’t use my PayPal account to pay for it. It seems more difficult to get a refund from PayPal than the credit card company. We spent over $800 on google nest items and thankfully Chase handled the dispute and removed the charge. Good luck!!
Login to Me Too

cathiebray
Contributor
Contributor

Wow!  I purchased my "fake" Dyson which I never got in January.  Just wondering why Paypal still had this fraudulent vendor still active since they have known of a real issue since early December!  

Did anyone ever get their money back?

Login to Me Too

cyntwill

I, too, have been defrauded by this store/website. I ordered a Playstation 5 and at first did not receive the item or any communication. The phone number no longer worked and the website was inactive when I tried to contact the merchant. I filed a dispute for not receiving the item and then PayPal received a tracking number from the merchant saying it was mailed. When the package arrived, it was a small envelope that contained 2 yellow shoelaces! I kid you not...2 yellow shoelaces!! And the envelope (from China) even listed that as the contents. However, because they were able to show PayPal that a delivery was made, PayPal found in favor of the merchant and put the charge back on my PayPal credit even though I reported immediately what was delivered. I've filed yet another dispute/claim so I'm still waiting. No one from PayPal has called me and I haven't received any emails or communication from PayPal or Synchrony Bank, creditor for PayPal Credit. I just keep calling and submitting proof (pictures) of what I received in the message center as well as faxed. This has been a nightmare!! I've always felt safe ordering on the internet if PayPal is accepted thinking they vet these businesses but I guess I was wrong and will certainly rethink using PayPal in the future because it doesn't seem like they guarantee purchases as they advertise! From all of these posts, it appears PayPal has known about this fake company but has done nothing to stop the fraudulent practices! SHAME ON YOU PAYPAL

Login to Me Too

Nicnik16
Contributor
Contributor

yup!! such a shame that paypal continues to let this happen. They have done nothing to help. I am now fighting with my CC company. What a mess!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.