Best Specialty Store

Angientom1231
New Community Member
I ordered from a website that was "sponsored" on the Best Buy website and it was fraudulent. I could only pay through PayPal but forgot my password, so it let me check out as a guest. The name of the merchant came up on the PayPal receipt as Best Specialty Store. Online it is gamesplaysinc.com. Beware of this site and merchant.
Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

AliNapolitano
Contributor
Contributor
OH MY GOD I DID THE SAME THINKING IT WAS PLAYSTATION & PAY PAL HAS DONE NOTHING IM A GRANDMOTHERR & THEY HAVE SCAMMED ME I DONT NO WHAT TO DO
Login to Me Too

Plucas6720
Contributor
Contributor

I am still trying to get my money back from PayPal ...I bought a dyson on December 8 and received nothing, no receipt or email or product. on March 30 PayPal decides I need to be charged the 329 and closes my dispute.  They have provided me with no answers as to why.  I can’t find any info on the company to even try to contact them so who did they actually talk to. PayPal people just hang up on me when I call for the millionth time.  I asked them if they had proof of delivery as everyone documents packages being delivered that would seem pretty simple to me.   I have never had this kind of issue if I disputed a purchase in my 40 years of using credit.  I will never use PayPal again and I will be telling the story to everyone I know.

Login to Me Too

Steve32087
Just keep sending it. I had the same issue with reporting it as unauthorized but after a few times it got someone’s attention and they corrected the reason and decided in my favor
Login to Me Too

KeriS1
Contributor
Contributor
Same thing happened to me.. I was on a different website and somehow clicked on to this one and didn't see the mistake until too late.. I tried to cancel within minutes and contacted PayPal and this store to cancel.. no go yet.. so **bleep**..
Login to Me Too

KeriS1
Contributor
Contributor
I've been in contact with PayPal.. I still have a few days before they rule on my case... I did talk to them on the phone... I did give them all the information I have came across on here, etc about this fraudulent website.. they are investigating.. keep our fingers crossed.. I will update later..
Login to Me Too

MalMeow
Contributor
Contributor
I have also fallen victim to this by the same method of operation. These scammers are using PayPal as an accomplice to steal our money. PayPal shouldn’t release money to seller until correct item/items are received and approved by purchaser. Which in this day and age happens rather promptly at times. Trying to file a dispute claim and get your money back is also designed to make it difficult for the buyer to successfully get a refund.
Login to Me Too

MalMeow
Contributor
Contributor
I sent an email to the fake website and requested my order to be canceled and refund the money to my PayPal account. This was their reply. Hello, we haven't found your order , maybe you bought it at another store . Please check it . Thanks 07.12.2020, 17:50, Looks like they’re off by a few days.
Login to Me Too

Marie1971
Contributor
Contributor
Prosale was the name they went by when I also as a guest was smoozed for $199.99+$10.00 via PayPal checkout. It was for a refurbished Nintendo Switch, a Present for my children's Christmas. I thought what an amazing deal and it's PayPal checkout and they are supposed to be safe. Well I can't even get ahold of PayPal, no customer service help at all. Called my bank, hopefully they will be a sincere help.
Login to Me Too

KeriS1
Contributor
Contributor
Go to PayPal website.. file a claim for not receiving your purchase.. it took me a couple weeks but I just won my case... When you message paypal.. tell them you want to talk to someone on the phone.. they did call me.. good luck everyone
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.