Best Specialty Store

Angientom1231
New Community Member
I ordered from a website that was "sponsored" on the Best Buy website and it was fraudulent. I could only pay through PayPal but forgot my password, so it let me check out as a guest. The name of the merchant came up on the PayPal receipt as Best Specialty Store. Online it is gamesplaysinc.com. Beware of this site and merchant.
Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

Contributor
Contributor
The same thing happened to me on November 30 except for it was not Best Buy it was a fraudulent Dyson website
Login to Me Too

Nancy751
Contributor
Contributor
These people are pretty clever as the initial person who began this thread stated they thought they were shopping at Best Buy. I thought I was shopping at PlayStation.com then I checked out and it said Best specialty store. I knew it wasn’t good. I wondered how I let this happen? I’m usually better than this. I retyped in PlayStation into my browser and I noticed halfway through the predictive text was in my browser bribing me to playstatiion.com. Something I would not have noticed in a hurry to shop. So these scammers make a site that looks identical to Best Buy or PlayStation and change one letter in the domain name and takes you to a fake site that looks legitimate. This is super clever. I have no words but to say check your domain name for sure prior to purchase. The rush of the PlayStation purchases are making people do things quickly so they aren’t noticing these little nuances.
Login to Me Too

MalMeow
Contributor
Contributor
Everyone who has filed a claim because of Best Specialty Store or Best Online Store or Best Franchise Store or whichever other names that have been identified as a fraudulent company should be automatically refunded. The only way PayPal will address and fix this problem is by losing a substantial amount of profits. I’d say at least 80% or better of these legitimate dispute claims get denied. I smell a class action lawsuit in the air.
Login to Me Too

Mreneau
New Community Member
What I need to know is there anyway we can get our money back
Login to Me Too

MalMeow
Contributor
Contributor
YES it is possible to get your money back. Document, record, screenshot and save as much evidence that you currently have and anymore that you can discover about your victimization and this fraudulent activity. You will be given the opportunity to submit any and all information that you have when you file a dispute claim with PayPal. If you have more data to submit than is allowed in your original dispute claim you will be able to add more afterwards. Message PayPal’s chat and ask about the dispute concerning this issue. Eventually they will ask you if you have more information pertaining to your case and be given a link to submit more files. If you want your money back you must be persistent about this.
Login to Me Too

AliNapolitano
Contributor
Contributor
Help please help anybody have suggestions I've been scammed by this company and PayPal is doing nothing about it help grandmother of seven
Login to Me Too

Sustar
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. On Dec 1st I bought a Nest thermostat from nesthome.nestgreat.com... now that I see it, looks scammy. $149 went through Paypal but I didn't use my account because I didn't remember my password and it offered the option to go through as a guest. Received the confirmation email from PayPal and even an automatic replay from "Sophia" indicating they shipped the order but due to covid it would probably take more than expected to arrive... still waiting. I made a dispute through my bank so they investigate but this is a PayPal responsibility. 

Login to Me Too

mtepan24
Contributor
Contributor

I just used this bogus payee as well!!! They are now doing it with fake GOOGLE NEST products. I got them off google shopping, it says on their website you can cancel the order within 24 hours and I have emailed them but no response. Their website reads something like "http://nesthome.netshopping.site/" BEWARE. Their IL address is to a house, and the phone number provided goes straight to voicemail, mailbox is full. It;s a shame paypal isn't providing people with resolutions before they are able to withdraw the money!!! 

Login to Me Too

MalMeow
Contributor
Contributor
After many messages and other attempts of communication with PayPal I was notified today that I’ll be refunded my money. At first I was very doubtful of getting a refund due to the fact of the numerous amount of people in theses forums who were denied. I gathered as much evidence as I could discover about this fraudulent activity and presented it to PayPal. I spent many hours and several cuss words working on getting a refund. Hopefully this problem gets solved because not only does the customer lose money but so does PayPal when they give refunds.
Login to Me Too

Steve32087
They got me too for $244 for a fake dyson website. Took almost a month and multiple appeals but I finally got my money back. Don’t give up.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.