Best Specialty Store

Vignesh_ramanan
Contributor
Contributor

I have made a purchase from the <removed> (Fake Dyson website) and I later found they are a fraudulent merchant.

I do have the Receipt no from Paypal,but I have purchased through credit card. I could not see this transaction from my paypal account activity and I could not raise a dispute for the refund.

Can you please provide the solution to get back my money.

Login to Me Too
77 REPLIES 77

Akapixie
Contributor
Contributor
I would not count on it almost 100% sure they are fake. I have not been able to contact them
Login to Me Too

gw55
Contributor
Contributor

There is no such company by the name of Best Specialty Store. It is fake. 

Login to Me Too

gw55
Contributor
Contributor

Best Specialty store is fake. contact your credit card company ASAP. PayPal will not help. 

Login to Me Too

MalMeow
Contributor
Contributor
This is happening with me as well. Ordered a Nintendo Switch and a Wired Controller. When I didn’t get a confirmation email or any shipping details I became suspicious. Less than 12 hours after purchasing I had confirmed it was a fake website. One of my emails I sent to the fake website was requesting cancellation of order and a refund to PayPal account. This was the reply. Hello, we haven't found your order , maybe you bought it at another store . Please check it . Thanks 07.12.2020, 17:50 Looks like they’re off by a few days. lol
Login to Me Too

toddm2
Contributor
Contributor

Report both the seller, and Paypal to your states attorney general.   Also if you used a credit card through paypal dispute the charge to paypal through your credit card company.   Paypal is being very complacent by enabling these fradulent scammers.    Even if you sent it back, what would happen is that the address they would give you in China would be wrong.  So then the seller can tell Paypal they never received the return item back and Paypal will find in their favor again anyway.

These scams have been going on for months, there's hundreds of posts both here and on other sites (Nest/Google is a popular site they spoof) even the BBB has had articles/reports of this exact scam manipulating Paypal's policies to fraudulently take advantage of buyers. It's hard to believe Paypal is so incompetent they are not aware of it, yet they are still allowing these scammers to work their policies while buyers are victims. 

Login to Me Too

MalMeow
Contributor
Contributor
Just reported to the Attorney General and I have also reported to the Federal Trade Commission as well.
Login to Me Too

Akapixie
Contributor
Contributor
I’m so worried I’m not going to get a refund! I got scammed on 2 ps5’s I opened a case with pay pal and the denied it, my credit card is investigating. How do I report to state attorney!
Login to Me Too

Rippedoff18
Contributor
Contributor
I reported this website to the FBI. Maybe they can shut them down.
Login to Me Too

MalMeow
Contributor
Contributor
I just filed my dispute with PayPal. They contacted Best Specialty Store about me not receiving my purchase. They are awaiting a response. I don’t understand how they can even keep dealing with or allowing this known fraudulent seller to do business with PayPal customers. I believe this could be the makings of a class action lawsuit. They have refunded some people’s money that has fallen victim to this seller which by rights they should refund everyone who have also claimed to have been defrauded by this seller. PayPal needs to stop doing business with this known fraudulent seller immediately. If this continues to happen they are just as guilty as the scammers!!!
Login to Me Too

toddm2
Contributor
Contributor

More than likely the only response you will get from the seller is a tracking number from China Post.   As long as they provide a tracking number that shows up it seems Paypal more often than not will side with the seller, doesn't matter if they send you a pack of used gum.    Then Paypal will require you to return the pack of gum to China, the seller will claim they never got the return package and Paypal will again side with the scammers. 

Turn up the heat on Paypal, report them to your state's Attorney General, if you used a credit card through paypal dispute the charge and let your bank fight them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.