Best Specialty Store

Angientom1231
New Community Member
I ordered from a website that was "sponsored" on the Best Buy website and it was fraudulent. I could only pay through PayPal but forgot my password, so it let me check out as a guest. The name of the merchant came up on the PayPal receipt as Best Specialty Store. Online it is gamesplaysinc.com. Beware of this site and merchant.
Login to Me Too
30 REPLIES 30

atossey
New Community Member

Is there a way to dispute this? And get money back? I am trying to figure out if it was even Pay pal that was even used to process the payment.

Login to Me Too

MalMeow
Contributor
Contributor
Do Not Open Package! It will probably have a return address written In Chinese so you won’t know what it says. This is done to confuse the buyer of where it comes from. Some buyers open package, reveal contents and think it must have been a mistake and just dismiss it altogether thinking it has nothing to do with what they ordered from the fake website. When and if you receive package you can either refuse the delivery which should then make package return to sender which usually has a fake address. So this might not work because the seller/scammer can say they never received package. Or when you receive package take a very thorough and clear video recording of the unopened package showing every angle, detail and information. While still recording open the package and reveal the contents and thoroughly record them in great detail as well. More than likely it won’t be what you ordered. These scammers will mail you something so they can prove shipment was delivered. Which I don’t know why because they already have our money because PayPal released it so why would PayPal require us to mail back the shipment, which the buyer has to pay for, to the seller and it has to be confirmed that it was received before we can get our money back? This is a loophole that they exploit. By making the video you have documented evidence you can show PayPal that you were a victim of fraud. If it was real buyer protection our money should be refunded immediately upon confirmation of not receiving what was ordered. The package and its contents should be mailed to PayPal for this confirmation to be approved. I was scammed on December 3,2020 thru a fake website called gamesclubs.biz I’m trying to figure out the best way to be successful at getting a refund. The only reason I purchased from this site was because they accepted PayPal and I believed that I would be protected from things of this nature. Now I’m beginning to wonder if they may be corrupt as well.
Login to Me Too

AliNapolitano
Contributor
Contributor
Oh my God what do I do I'm a grandmother it's Christmas and they scammed me PayPal should be ashamed of themselves I have no Christmas presents for my grandchildren all because I trusted in PayPal does anybody have any suggestions
Login to Me Too

AliNapolitano
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal you should be ashamed of yourself I'm a grandmother and have no Christmas presents due to this online site I don't know what to do now
Login to Me Too

JayZee123
Contributor
Contributor

same issue...purchased something and then the seller was this name on Paypal. was told that i either need to wait for it to not b delivered or wait for it and then file a not as advertised claim. guess its cool for ppl to scam others using PayPal and have PayPal do nothing about it.

contact email was fake, no response from the PayPal email...guess PayPal is cool since they got their fees tho 

Login to Me Too

RMHendrickson
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem. I ordered a refurbished Nintendo Switch from hubswitches.com and was shown a confirmation page upon completing the order, but never received any e-mail confirmation to go with it. I tried e-mailing the merchant via the address provided by PayPal and they haven't responded, so I tried filing a dispute today and was denied; which may have been because I selected Unauthorized Access by mistake and it seems my detailed message explaining the situation got cut off after sending. I also attempted calling the phone number on the website AND e-mailing the provided address, and both are invalid. Now I seem to be out of luck because I can't reopen the case or even correspond with anyone to provide further details. I thought PayPal had buyer protection?

PayPal, are you reading these concerns? Do you care? This is a good way to lose trust.

Login to Me Too

RMHendrickson
Contributor
Contributor
I got my case reopened. I'm crossing my fingers that PayPal finally sees how problematic these people are.
Login to Me Too

RMHendrickson
Contributor
Contributor
I won! I supplied additional information including the original store website no longer existing, and suggested they search Best Specialty on these forums to see how many other people were getting scammed. I received an e-mail this morning saying that I should receive my refund within the next five days. I'm so relieved. Don't lose hope!
Login to Me Too

Oobyekcim
Contributor
Contributor
OMG!! I am so glad I stumbled across this thread. I too have been scammed by this store on 12/5/20. They are pretty clever because I thought I was purchasing from PlayStation.com and when I finished the PayPal transaction stated Best Specialty Store. I should have known better... that it was too good to be true. I did take a picture of the screen when my order was complete and the website shows topgamesprosale.com. Hmmm.... looks like I need to take some action to try to get my money back.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.