Best Online shop

Coreyj77
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a Ps4 from China. Over 35 days ago. I ordered on the 5th of July. I received a plastic phone case on the 14th of August. I opened a case on July 8th. Now PayPal has closed my case.
Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

gisele81
Contributor
Contributor

Exactly same thing happened to me! I am so mad!!! There must be a way to stop this scammer!!!

Login to Me Too

BlackSheep2
Contributor
Contributor

Just won my case through paypal with these fraudsters I ordered a Nintendo switch and received a cheap plastic phone holder. I did it though the message centre. Paypal first settled the case in the fraudsters favour because i stated i did not receive anything and they had provided a tracking number. I went to royal Mail and they said the tracking number related to something weighing only 57 grams. I remembered receiving this phone holder from China early August and thought it was strange as i did not order it. After reading other cases on this community forum I realised that this is what had been sent instead of the Nintendo Switch.

I explained this to paypal and told them about other cases on here and they reopened the case.  Best Online shop then requested I send the Cheap item back and i would get the refund once they received it. I complained to PayPal that i did not think it was fair that i should pay any postage as this was no fault of my own. PayPal agreed, I had to fill in a form and the case was closed in my favour and i will receive a full refund. 

The message centre is slow but the customer service people are very nice. I tried to phone but that did not seem possible 

Login to Me Too

Jockitch78
What was address to return item...they gave me Chinese symbols only
Login to Me Too

Taradise1
Where/how did PayPal solve this? Did you open dispute or use resolution center? The same EXACT THING happened to me I ordered Xbox 360 for my daughters birthday in July. Received nothing, filed a dispute with my credit card and then Best online merchant finally sent a cheap plastic cell phone case from China months later. My credit card dispute is saying the charge is valid cuz there was an item delivered. HOW DO I GET MY REFUND WITH PAYPAL??? SOMEONE PLEASE DIRECT ME THIS IS COMPLETE FRAUD!!
Login to Me Too

DP1313
PayPal assumes that you received the item because they get delivery confirmation from best shop. I took pictures of everything. Best shop of course requested the item back in order to get a refund. It cost me 17$ To send it back but I wasn’t going to let them win. I got my money back. I did use the long address that best shop provided, paid for it, then took pictures of everything, including the receipt. Hope this helps.
Login to Me Too

osykes1990
Contributor
Contributor
This happened to me with a Switch as well. Wells Fargo credited the account, then reversed the transaction, THEN Wells Fargo credited the account, and YET AGAIN Wells Fargo took the money back after Visa was provided a tracking number by this fraudulent seller. I got a broken handle/ holder for a Switch.
Login to Me Too

Bonneyloves1
New Community Member

I never write on these things but felt on this occasion I should. I just got my money back from Paypal. literally TODAY!! I purchased two playstation for £159.00. My eager 10 year old son found the site. He sold his Nintendo switch on Ebay and the found this site and and the prices were so good or so we thought!! More like two good to be true! He offered to buy his sister one too  that why we ordered two due to the price. Anyway after a couple of weeks and nothing arrived we checked their website and it stated delivery could take 6 weeks. Something we didn't look at beforehand. Normally I'm quite savvy online but on this occasion all logic went out the window. Anyway I knew something was suspicious when I saw a 6 week wait for delivery. Then it said. items could be shipped at different times as they comes from different warehouses and that if the item did not arrive you wouldn't get an immediate refund but a replacement. Things were not looking good so I opened a dispute with Paypal starting to believe I had be scammed. 

Best Online responded to the dispute saying the item had been shipped and there was a tracking number. They used EMS a Chinese parcel service. I put in the tracking number and it said delivered which I knew was not true. This thing dragged out for 1 month. It really wasn't looking good. Every time I went back to Paypal, it seemed the company had more info to support their claim. Finally I got a helpful person at Paypal who told me the item showed delivered to my address. Which I did not know that 'delivered' was showing on Paypal's system. The lady asked me if I had received ANYTHING AT ALL that I did not order. If I could find that item they would be able to close the case and refund me the SAME DAY. I then remembered I received a flimsy phone case from China. I thought maybe one of my children had ordered it so dismissed it. I asked my children if they knew where the case was and they said they gave it to their Dad. We rang their Dad hoping he still had the envelope, he said it was right in front of him (funny enough it arrived to my house on their Dad's birthday), He sent us a photo of it and it had the same tracking number as the one Best Online used. It was a small envelope with the weight and everything! I rang Paypal back ready to send them the evidence. But then after all that they didn't need it, they said the case had gone on much longer than it should have. The seller hadn't been checked properly or something like that and they would be closing the case and would give me a full refund. Within 1 minute the case was closed and I had all the money back. My son is very happy, i'm glad its over. I told Paypal that ALOT of people have complained about this company and asked why are they still operating. Its not fair!!! 

I would urge everyone to think back if they have received anything they did not order and to get any close cases reopened as Paypal are able to do that. Even if you haven't got evidence its worth getting the case opened again because after all they didn't even ask for the evidence I had but closed the case for some other reason.  

Login to Me Too

BlackSheep2
Contributor
Contributor
Well done Bonneyloves Great you got your money back from these scammers. I wonder how much money they have taken from people. I dont understand why paypal allow them to have an account
Login to Me Too

Taradise1
Where/how did PayPal solve this? Did you open dispute or use resolution center? The same EXACT THING happened to me I ordered Xbox 360 for my daughters birthday in July. Received nothing, filed a dispute with my credit card and then Best online merchant finally sent a cheap plastic cell phone case from China months later. My credit card dispute is saying the charge is valid cuz there was an item delivered. HOW DO I GET MY REFUND WITH PAYPAL??? SOMEONE PLEASE DIRECT ME THIS IS COMPLETE FRAUD!!
Login to Me Too

gillianmarch
Contributor
Contributor
We had this problem too, ordered a Nintendo Switch for our son and received a cheap bit of plastic. PayPal has just rejected our case on the basis that an item was tracked and delivered (ie the bit of plastic) - we will now try to get our money back via the credit card company
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.