Best Online shop

Coreyj77
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a Ps4 from China. Over 35 days ago. I ordered on the 5th of July. I received a plastic phone case on the 14th of August. I opened a case on July 8th. Now PayPal has closed my case.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Coreyj77
Contributor
Contributor
I got my money back through original capital one my original purchase card. PayPal did not, I repeat did not help me whatsoever. They did everything they could to hinder as if I were the criminal. Don't use PayPal.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
21 REPLIES 21

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Coreyj77 

Which dispute did you open?

Did you escalate to a claim?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Coreyj77
Contributor
Contributor
Yes it is claim opened since july 8th. I have also been messaging them. The case name is no significantly wrong item recieved when I received a place lightweight phone cover.
Login to Me Too

teodora3011
Contributor
Contributor

The exactly I mean the exact same thing happened to me and my son. Received cheap plastic Iphone case, PayPal closed my case without even asking if I received the item. They just assumed. Despicable. What do you plan on doing next? 

Login to Me Too
Solved

Coreyj77
Contributor
Contributor
I got my money back through original capital one my original purchase card. PayPal did not, I repeat did not help me whatsoever. They did everything they could to hinder as if I were the criminal. Don't use PayPal.
Login to Me Too

DP1313
PayPal assumes that you received the item because they get delivery confirmation from best shop. I took pictures of everything. Best shop of course requested the item back in order to get a refund. It cost me 17$ To send it back but I wasn’t going to let them win. I got my money back.
Login to Me Too

Kat7879

I had the same issue!! I ordered a Nintendo Switch for my son's birthday. At first, they didn't send me anything. I opened the dispute first saying that I hadn't received any packages or tracking info. A few hours later, I had a tracking number. When the package arrived, it was a six inch envelope that contained a cheap. plastic phone case. A generic one, like you'd get at the dollar store. I called PayPal and they were real nice on the phone. They changed it to "item significantly not as described" and I kept asking for an email address or somewhere to submit pictures so PayPal can see this was blatant fraud. Then I get an email saying Best Online Store will refund my money IF I sent them back the package and the item is in original condition. Then the address is in Chinese, with no name or anything, just Chinese characters! Tell me what the chances are that this fraudulent store will actually issue a refund and not claim that I sent them a phone case instead of a Nintendo instead of the other way around. In the meantime, my son went with no birthday present this year and if PayPal had just let me email pictures, I could have proved this was fraud. So I'm uploading pictures here in hopes that someone at PayPal will see this and help me because once I mail this out, I no longer have physical proof. Also I made a Youtube video of this whole thing as extra proof. IMG_0018.JPGIMG_0010.JPGIMG_0016.JPG

Login to Me Too

teodora3011
Contributor
Contributor

Oh my! What an exact scenario that happened to me. I ordered an XBOX for my son and received a cheap plastic phone case. PayPal asked me to ship the phone case back to that Chinese symbol letter address. I was so upset. Finally, after days of back and forth, PayPal asked me to file a fraud investigation. I am extremely disappointed that PayPal is still allowing these scammers to take advantage of us and that they did not block them from doing business. So far still no money back. They protect merchants, not customers. After this is done, I will never ever use PayPal again. 

Login to Me Too

Jgrimm
Contributor
Contributor

Try filing your dispute as "item significantly not as described" as it may help get attention.  Otherwise submit a complaint to your state Attorney General's office regarding PayPal's policy on protecting buyer from fraudulent activity when many buyers have warned them against this seller.

Login to Me Too

DP1313
See my response...it was a hassle but I got my money back
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.