Berrylook dispute

Derrk
Contributor
Contributor

I dont have this merchandise &I haven't been refunded the 83.00 they charged on my pay pal account...yet they emailed me to tell me 'dear customer" any inconvenience caused to you deeply regretted. YOU open a dispute with Paypal,so my colleague has cancelled the order...why dont I see a credit .ok n my account for this ??Has anyone else have issues with Berrylook ???I will NEVER shop there again.

Login to Me Too
13 REPLIES 13

minnieme1
Contributor
Contributor

BerryLook is a SCAM... They take your money and don't send the product.  They keep promising to send the money and they don't.  Paypal is not doing what they are suppose to do...They are not handling the disputes with BerryLook.  I keep demanding my money, but I don't get it back.  Please, everyone do not order from BerryLook.

Login to Me Too

AM228
New Community Member

I just appealed my dispute with Berrylook, sent PayPal (and 3 other government agencies) proof of thousands of reviews saying Berrylook is a scam (many mentioning PayPal as a payment option in the review) and said I made a complaint about those scammers in every agency I could find - internet crime, FTC, BBB to name a couple. I made it so clear they were a scam I do not think anyone can pretend it is not happening. Still, you guys since we are all in the same boat please keep it up - call, file and appeal disputes, talk to BBB and bank - whatever it takes. There is a limit to this madness. With this much evidence there really is no way to keep it under wraps for much longer!

Login to Me Too

Lawyn
Contributor
Contributor

I cancelled my order in under twelve hours after reading some very negative Trustpilot reviews and seeing there would be further delays in delivery (only visible after placing the order).

This was on 25th Nov 2018 so now twenty four days to not process a refund to paypal of £58 is bad and contrary to their promise statement on cancellations within twenty four hours.

I wonder is there any point in hoping that before the ‘up to 30 days’ stated by paypal I will get refund?

The language  in e mails is that of a ‘scam’.  There are paragraphs that appear ‘copied’ from reputable sites.

I will give them 30 days and will in meantime check out places to report my experience mentioned here.

Login to Me Too

RgKopp
New Community Member
I am dealing with this company now, and sis emails in & I'm seeing the game this company plays with unbeknownst customers & their hard earned $$. I also have sent a notice to PayPal, in question as to how these issues continue to get overlooked. Giving them the benefit of the doubt. However, I have to say, a pattern has began to appear when trying to get my $$, refunded even when using PayPal. Anyone one hearing the word kickback?
Login to Me Too

JG9211
New Community Member

Paypal is very clearly aware of this problem... yet the keep siding disputes in favor of the merchant!

I immediately returned my items upon receiving them due the poor quality of the clothes to the return address on the package (that specifically stated to return them to). Berrylook website written return policy has no address and neither does their packing slip (both of which I also provided PayPal proof of).

I provided PayPal of my proof of return and my tracking number showing the items were delivered and returned.

The merchant kept emailing me ridiculous requests everytime I inquired about my refund.  They asked for skew numbers (which I fortunately had from the packing slip), they wanted pictures of the items to be returned (weeks after they were delivered), they would ask the same questions over and over again. They stated they never received the return (after I provided them with the tracking number multiple times).  

Paypal was made aware of ALL of these issues... and sided in favor of the merchant!  I filed multiple appeals with Paypal and wasted HOURS trying to do a simple return! 

PAYPAL KNOWS THIS VENDOR IS SHADY YET CONTINUES TO DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AND SUPPORT THEM!

Login to Me Too

Fitzee
Contributor
Contributor
Absolute FRAUDSTERS who steal money by false advertising of clothing....what you see and what you get are polar opposites! Customer service is still rubbish after 20 plus emails.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fitzee 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.
Also Paypal may contribute towards return costs IF you have activated the below link (if available in your country).
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Nickym333
Contributor
Contributor

I had exactly the same problem. Initially PayPal said I was to return the goods that I had received. I had ordered 6 items, I only got 2 and nothing like what I had ordered including the fact the clothes would fit a 6 year old child! The amount of arguing I had to do, but no, PayPal made me send back theses crappy items which in my eyes condones scam companies. So I was £13 out of pocket For posting the crap back to China on top of the money that was held for ages whilst this went through a lengthy resolution. PayPal should have markers on these companies and pay us back our money without the grief and stress we have to go through trying to get our well earned money back from scammers. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Nickym333 

You can never keep an item + a refund HOWEVER did you claim back your £13 by using this?

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

I've had to use the .com link as you haven't said what country you are in.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.