Ben <removed> scams and PayPal doesn't care

suddelywoke
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered two 50lb dumbbells from Ben <removed> from an ad online.  PayPal got a tracking notice from him that showed a package that weighed 1.7lbs was sent.  This obviously was not two 50lb dumbbells.  I checked the tracking number with UPS and was told this package was not addressed to me nor was it delivered to me.  I gave this information to PayPal to dispute the charge but despite all the above evidence PayPal denied my claim.  

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

AngelaBardon

Had basically the same thing happen to me aside from the fact that I ordered a swimming pool and the tracking number provided was for an 11 oz item. Paypal closed my dispute, would not allow me to appeal and will not answer the telephone. What are we supposed to do? Card used was my paypal card and the bank doesnt seem to be helpful at all.

Login to Me Too

suddelywoke
Contributor
Contributor

I am a retired attorney and am looking in to what can be done about these abuses by PayPal.  I will let you know if I find a satisfactory solution.  Paypal is adding to the problem by removing the last name of the "seller" so other buyers are not being warned about scams.  This action may make PayPal complicit in the scams.  If enough people recognize this kind of scam and respond, I will be looking into a class action suit.

Login to Me Too

MsYo2U
Contributor
Contributor
This happened to me as well. UPS told me my package was delivered to an address that was not mine. They refused my claim. I just received an email from PayPal stating that they were also denying my claim. There reason was that the delivery of the package was verified by the merchant. Obviously, they did not perform due diligence. Because if they had contacted UPS to verify the delivery address, they would have discovered that it was different from the address listed on the invoice. They take the word of the merchant, without considering whether or not the merchant is legit. I use to think my money was safe through PayPal. But now I believe they are scammers themselves. THEY WON'T EVEN TALK TO US.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.