Being cheated be Teddy the realistic toy dog

chinchillaq
Contributor
Contributor

These people have been running ads on AOL of a realistic dog and then send a stuffed dog.  They finally agree to give a refund but you have to mail back a $2 stuffed toy they ripped me off for.  I was charged $47.97.  It was mailed from New York but they want it mailed to China.  That does not seem right and I think they are discouraging me with high shipping.  I am sure New York is cheaper than China.  It was not shipped from China.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@chinchillaq 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

HOWEVER you may still have the option to do a charge back if you funded your paypal payment via a credit card.
Also Paypal may contribute towards return costs IF you have activated the below link (if available in your country).
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

chinchillaq
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.  The ad was very deceiving.  It was like a tv commercial on AOL.  You are right about the shipping.  Was going to cost $32 to send it to China.  In the end paypal refunded the whole amount so I was not cheated.  Thanks for the help.

Login to Me Too

BP-52
New Community Member
PayPal found in their favour in my case. I’m out of pocket $40 US. You are supposed to trust PayPal?
Login to Me Too

chinchillaq
Contributor
Contributor

If you bought that realistic dog I don't know how they could deny your claim.  Its a giant fraud and they should be arrested for it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.