Being charge when my webhost account had been closed.

C_T
Contributor
Contributor

Tried to contact the webhost but they never reply me. My account with the webhost had been closed (my site had removed from online) and confirmed before the renewal date. However, I'm still charged through Paypal.

Contacted the webhost they mentioned they will close it and refund me. Till now, I have not receive any refund.

I did a dispute with Paypal but I overlooked the email from Paypal as it is taking too long. Tried to update and re-open the case but not able. Open another ticket, but was denied it.

Why is Paypal not helping the customer?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@C_T 

If your subscription has not been cancelled on paypal then of course they will pay the seller as you authorised it.

Check if you still have a subscription set up...
Click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > Click on payments third option along on the thick blue band top of page > "manage pre-approved payments''.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

C_T
Contributor
Contributor

Hi kernowlass, thanks for replying. My webhost is not under pre-approve payment at all. For the benefit of doubt, I had also went to check through but is not listed there.

The problem like is how do I get a refund for something I did not pay for and that service no longer valid? Paypaly support is not helpful as they refused to acknowledge my issue and proceed to close my 2nd ticket.

Login to Me Too

C_T
Contributor
Contributor

Please close this as my webhost finally assisting to refund me in process after contacting them multiple times.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.