Being Threatened By Seller

benroach14
Contributor
Contributor
I tried to purchase a couple cassettes and it went sour. So I asked for a refund and the seller replied with this. “Stop playing victim you are a finished loser. I have your address little **bleep**”.... I’m considering filing a police report , what should I do?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@benroach14 

File a dispute first to start a dialogue with seller (or not, and just escalate after you explain your case for PayPal to step in and review the case):

1. Locate and click payment transaction in your PayPal account activity
  2. Click "Report a problem" 
  3. Click “I didn't receive an item I purchased”.

If this seller provides a tracking number to try to win the PayPal dispute be prepared to get the tracking info checked out by contacting your post office and request a mail fraud investigation on that tracking number if you do not receive your order. File a police report too. Then provide all this info when appealing the dispute, if you do not win it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@benroach14 

File a dispute first to start a dialogue with seller (or not, and just escalate after you explain your case for PayPal to step in and review the case):

1. Locate and click payment transaction in your PayPal account activity
  2. Click "Report a problem" 
  3. Click “I didn't receive an item I purchased”.

If this seller provides a tracking number to try to win the PayPal dispute be prepared to get the tracking info checked out by contacting your post office and request a mail fraud investigation on that tracking number if you do not receive your order. File a police report too. Then provide all this info when appealing the dispute, if you do not win it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

ANGIE51
Contributor
Contributor

You have not actually been threatened according to what you say but I get it it's not nice. File a dispute and also show them copy of nasty message. Please don't contact police they have enough to do right now.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.