Beat-Hamburger website PayPal shows paid ASER.co demanding I pay return shipping wrong items

farmerjon
New Community Member

I ordered some toys from the Beat-Hamburger website.  The Paypal transaction shows paid to ASER.co

The items were advertised as being made of metal and 1:41 size  what I got was plastic models 1:24 size.  Now the company is saying they will only refund my money if I return the items to China.  

This is obviously some sort of fraud.  They advertise one item and send another.  Have made an offer to refund part of my money but I do not feel the items are worth the price that I would be paying.  

This happened to someone else I know and paypal covered most of the shipping and the items were returned but now seller claims they never received the package and refuses to refund the money.  Paypal closed the dispute even though they ask for it to stay open to allow shipping time

I used to consider sending money through PayPal to be a safe way to purchase things.  That is no longer the case as PayPal is allowing this practice and rewarding companies that ship the wrong items and hope the consumer give up and just goes away

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@farmerjon 

Best avoid buying from these, sadly paypal is not an insurance company and only gives you some buyer protection, the rest is up to us to select our sellers carefully.

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.