Basterin

Beachi
Is this a legit online store. It has PayPal as their payment option. Not sure though.
Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Beachi 

Check its not one of these........

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

TheonlyKitekat
Contributor
Contributor

This company is a SCAM.  I tried to Dispute charge with PAYPAL but they denied it Stating "It coincides with past purchases on my account"  WHAT IS THAT!!  This company took 100$ from me.  I am still Disputing with my Credit card company, hopefully they will except the Dispute unlike PAYPAL did NOT!!  I will think twice before using Paypal again.  WHOSE SIDE ARE THEY ON ANYWAYS?

Login to Me Too

Bass1022
Contributor
Contributor

This company is definitely a scam. ordered pool chemicals that weigh 40 lbs. Never received, so I filed a dispute with paypal. Case is still ongoing, but somehow Basterin provided paypal with a UPS tracking number that says they delivered a 5 lb. package to me on May 25th. Didn't get that either, whatever it was, but not happy with paypal. Their money back guarantee is a joke. This might be my last paypal purchase for me.

Login to Me Too

Squeelin56
Contributor
Contributor
It's complete **bleep**!!!
Login to Me Too

OllaOsman31
New Community Member

Total scam. Ordered a mini-fridge. Got no tracking number or shipping info from them. Wanted to dispute the charge with PayPal and they were somehow able to magically contact them. Even though I emailed the CSR line in the website and called the phone number on the website many times and go no response. Paypal came back with a tracking number showing delivered. I Got nothing!!. Then Paypal denied my case saying "they received valid proof of delivery". Filing despite with my bank now. Hopefully, that will go better 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@OllaOsman31 

APPEAL

To submit an appeal on the dispute that was closed, PayPal asks that you obtain a detailed report from the shipper/courier (on their letterhead or some other form of official stationary) that includes the address the seller gave them for the shipment. Or one that includes a statement mentioning your address and saying the item was delivered to a different address.
Check tracking in below link to see where it went.
https://www.17track.net/en

When you have that, contact PayPal via phone (log on to your account and click Contact at the bottom of the page, however that may not be an option at the moment due to covid), or via Facebook (send a Private Message to PayPal) or via Twitter (send a Direct Message to @AskPayPal) and say you want to appeal the denial of the dispute based on the shipper saying the item was delivered to a different address. Once it's submitted (you will be provided with directions on how to do that), the dispute will be reviewed further and a determination will be made.

You also have the option to contact your card issuer if you funded your paypal payment that way and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SM-_84
Contributor
Contributor
Happened to me too. They've submitted a tracking number from UPS that says delivered on 5/26/2021 which it certainly was not. I use the UPS app and have a subscription that always sends me emails and app notifications when I have a package coming. I also have all the security camera footage from that date showing that there was absolutely no delivery made or attempted at my address. I have a ticket open with UPS to obtain the supposed delivery address and opened a dispute with PayPal. I think I will be adding the information listed here to my dispute, showing the history of this scam.
Login to Me Too

Squeelin56
Contributor
Contributor
I believe paypal and ups is involved in this scam
Login to Me Too

SM-_84
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all, I was able to resolve my dispute with PayPal, favorably. While my dispute was open I contacted UPS by email (that way everything is in writing) and supplied them with the fake tracking number and asked them to verify that the tracking number was not associated with my name or address, which they did. Ask UPS to respond with an email that solely addresses the tracking number: listing the tracking number, and that it was not associated with your name or your address (make sure both are actually listed in the email). Upon submitting this information via the PayPal assistant customer service chat they determined that it was definitive proof and immediately resolved the dispute in my favor and are issuing a refund. I know that this is tedious and frustrating, but get EVERYTHING in writing (use email and chat functions as much as possible and keep copies of the chat transcripts) and submit your proof as soon as you receive it. If your case is still open you can hopefully avoid it being closed unfavorably and having to file an appeal. I wish you all the best of luck!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.