Banned from PayPal - no explanation, no remedy

magpieb52
New Community Member

My PayPal account has been forever closed and I've been told that I can never open a new one as PayPal has "elected not to do business with [me] now or in the future," as I was told by the customer service rep. I have been a loyal PayPal customer for more than 15 years. I have never misused the account or violated the terms of the user agreement. My phone number was recently stolen, among other weird things, so it's possible that someone logged into my account fraudulently. But PayPal says there's nothing I can do to fix it - I can just never use PayPal ever again. End of story. Anyone been through this? Anything I can do??

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

maggie-magnolia
Contributor
Contributor

My account was closed several days ago. Customer service simply said it's "forever" and they cannot tell me why. Their message says unacceptable activity on my account. My account is fine and has been for over ten years.  I imagine the problem is my being "fired" by eBay for using an unacceptable word in my listing. That is another long story. Just be aware that eBay and PayPal are so big a machine is making life changing decisions about you. It is easier for these big companies to shoot first and ask questions later (probably not). A few days before, I was an exemplary customer being offered credit cards and business loans.  Has anyone out there considered litigation? There was no due process or an appeals process here or even a warm body who could do anything. Is it even worth it with the good alternatives to PayPal that are available? Very disappointed!

Login to Me Too

PayPalMichelleW

Hi @maggie-magnolia,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with your account.  For this situation, I would suggest you contact us to provide additional details.  To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.  I hope this helps.

Thanks!

MichelleW

Login to Me Too

maggie-magnolia
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks so much for the email, Michelle. Last Friday, I contacted Customer Service immediately when eBay investigated and reinstated me for what I believe was the same reason for PayPal closing me down. A really nice PP customer service member completed a "ticket" to send to the team that  closed my account giving all the details from eBay. I was told I should hear something in @ 24 hours....still waiting and hoping!  I can't start listing my eBay items again until I get PayPal up and running.  I love using PayPal and would not want to have to use another third party.  If there is anything else I should be doing, PLEASE let me know!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.