Banned but paypal representative advised me to create a new account. What should I do?

Gatekeeper1
Contributor
Contributor
Hi everyone, I use paypal daily. In fact, I don't think I can live without a paypal account. So Paypal has limited my account last month with a request to send some documents, which is not an issue to me at all. I sent the details over and my limit was lifted, however my account was limited again last week. They asked for a bank statement photo and some extra details on transaction history. The only transaction that was in the specific dates they mentioned was a transaction from this account to my paypal buisiness. I mentioned this to a representative on the phone and they told me this is allowed within the rules. Despite this I got the message on the imgur album. The thing is that I never even used this paypal account that is limited, because I set up a buisiness acount for my depop page (a selling app similar to ebay) and I only take payments via depop. This account was only kept, because I thought it had a good history with lots of payments. Unfortunately not because this account was limited for breaking rules in which I never broke. There is no card or payment details linked to this account, as it was just there in case I wanted to accept a payment without my buisiness paypal name showing up. This means that I don't think that my second paypal buisiness will get banned, but I still want a normal second account for personal contacts. Where do I go from here? Is this another one of them unfair paypal ban stories? Will my business account get banned aswell? UPDATE!!!- After calling Paypal they told me to make a new account and it would be fine. All the time the first paypal is banned my business paypal is intact and is extremely functional; no annoying money holds. Customers have paid for 500 pounds orders without a hold. I have made about 13k sales in the past 5 months. I need a personal paypal for family payments, grailed and payments to friends without them knowing my buisiness, therefore it is essential for me. I am extremely confused, because I am banned and the representative advised for a new paypal. Won't the new one I make get linited as I cant use paypal anymore? By the way the Paypal rep told me that the reason I was banned was, because ny account is too high. I am suspecting this is because the paynent sent to my buisiness account. Help please? Should I make a second account or will the second one dig me in a deeper hole?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Gatekeeper1

Typically, making a new account while your account is limited is not permitted. If your account was limited for violations of guidelines or for most other reasons, a new account is not permitted and you are correct, a new account would be limited. You may wish to contact again for a second opinion. If the next representative also suggests a new account, request that they note your account thoroughly with their permission to create a new account.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.