Bank account confirmation, using prepaid card from another country.

Vladislav4
Contributor
Contributor

Hello guys, I recently opened a prepaid card from the company called Revolut, which is an UK based company. I am from Bulgaria, and I am trying to add the bank information and confirm it. First time I tried adding the IBAN and PayPal tried to charge me 1$, but I didnt have any in my card and told me to wait 1-2 days and they will make 2 small deposits. I waited 2 days and there was nothing, so I today I removed the card and added it again, while having 1$ in it so PayPal can charge me but they didnt. Then I added my actual card information not the bank, and it took me 1$. Now I have both them linked but not confirmed. If I want to confirm the card, they need another 1$ which I dont have in the card right now, because they didnt gave me back the 1$ which they charged me for linking the card which is strange. What should I do ? Will I get the codes ? The IBAN is the banking information of the card. The card is UK based, and I am living in Bulgaria. Any suggestions what should I do ?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Vladislav4
Contributor
Contributor

Edit, I got charged back the 1$ they took for linking the card. I will use them to confirm the card.
But they didnt charged me 1$ while linking the IBAN info(the bank), will I still get those 2 small deposits and be able to confirm it ?
Also another question: Am I able to withdraw to the bank if its not confirmed ?

Thanks , Vladislav

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Vladislav4

Check the Revolut card account for the PayPal charge transaction description and it'll show the PayPal 4-digit code to enter for the card in your PayPal wallet to confirm card. 

Check the Revolut bank account for the 2 small deposits and enter the amounts for the bank account in your PayPal wallet to confirm bank account.

I think you can withdraw without confirming it but it's is best to confirm the bank account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Vladislav4
Contributor
Contributor

@sharpiemarker

I got the transaction from paypal in revolut but it doesnt have any code in it, just says Paypal, and its still pending, but the money are out of my balance.

Also I will wait 2 days for the 2 transactions in my revolut app, hope it works.

I have contacted Revolut to ask where I can see the verification code since its not in the statement.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.