Bank Reversal

C148
Contributor
Contributor
Hi. I transferred money from my PayPal account to my bank account and it was successful. A few days later PayPal sent me a message to confirm my identify due to suspicious activity. A day later the money I had withdrawn was reversed by PayPal. It is not showing in my account and the status of the transfer I made is “complete”. I have spoken to customer service reps and they all claim PayPal did not authorize the reversal so they can’t do anything yet my bank also says it was authorized by PayPal. It’s been three days and there’s no sign of the money anywhere. I also submitted the documents they asked for and account has been restored. What do I do? Please help!
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

WolvXCII
New Community Member
I basically experience the same issue as of the moment, where basically a friend sent me money to my Paypal account which was succesful and I immediately transferred to my bank account and again it was successful cause I did the instant transfer and it showed up on my online banking app. Then the next day which is coincidentally my birthday, they reversed it and I only knew it was reversed cause I contacted my bank's customer service and they explained to me that such deduction occured to my bank account cause Paypal reversed my money transfer to it and havent received even a single email notifying me of the reversal and it doesn't make complete sense at all and it frustrates me since this money is a help given to me by a friend knowing I'm having financial difficulties at the moment then Paypal will do this to me. My stress went up so much because of this and I dunno how to even resolve it, Paypal's customer care line is not working, their Online Resolution Center is giving me an error. Like what is going on!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@C148 

Is the name on the bank account exactly the same as the name on your paypal account?

If not then the funds would bounce back ie decline.

Completed just means paypal completed your request to withdraw the funds from your paypal account to your bank account and not that the funds were IN that bank account as they would have no way of knowing.

If declined allow 14 days for them to bounce back and if not contact paypal c.s. and your bank for a trace.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.