Banggood non delivery, Paypal failure to acknowledge

ArturCe
Contributor
Contributor

I am not sure how exactly Paypal works anymore. After trying to resolve the issue with Banggood I have raised the claim with Paypal. Long story short the item was never delivered and according to Banggood they have sent it and gave me a tracking number. Here is when the problem starts - this tracking number directs to two different parcels - one that supposedly was sent and delivered to destination country (not city) of the order and second showing it was sent to completely different country.
Neither does provide full details of shipment so as far as anyone can be concerned that can be a random tracking for parcel sent to someone else.

Now I have provided all information with regards to that to Paypal when raising the dispute to find out that Paypal made decision in seller's favour because supposedly the tracking number is correct. 

I fail to understand how random tracking number is proof of postage when it does not give you details of neither the seller nor the recipient.

I don't even know what to think about it apart that based on some other opinions here and other forums that Banggood and Paypal might have some nice agreement between each other and any decisions are not impartial or fair.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

go to the resolution center and look up the case and appeal.

Tracking must show it is delivered to your zipcode or address,not country.

if $750 or more,signed for/

Login to Me Too

ArturCe
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately I have no option to appeal under the case which is odd for start however I have sent the message to Paypal with complaint where they now try to argue that item was as described (first one received was faulty). They are insistent that they have revieved information provided by me and the seller (seller have not provided anything in the resolution) and item was as described.

I have now sent e-mail I have received from Banggood where they admit themselves that item was either faulty or damaged during transit.

I am absolutely lost as to Paypal's action as I had had all kind of dealing in the past but none as appalling and questionable as this one.

Login to Me Too

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

did you send payment via goods and services?

did you file item not received or item not as described.

go read buyer protection on Paypal site

if used a credit card,file chargeback with your cc issuer

Login to Me Too

Temp20220817L
BG say they sent my item in May. It still shows in transit as of 28th August. See for yourself 483190525100044 on Royal Shipments. PP insist the item is delivered and closed my dispute. I think PP makes so much money from BG they are willing to **bleep** buyers. I am making a complaint to the European Union, which could cost PP a fortune. The EU go for the throat.
Login to Me Too

wjohnson12321
Contributor
Contributor

Yes exactly this! I have no evidence that the item has been delivered or even if it was actually my parcel?

Basically buyer protection is totally useless! All it needs is for the company supplying the order to pick a tracking number from ANY order on the day of shipment to the same country (Lets face it millions for banggood) and give that to PayPal. Even seemingly without considering the evidence they seem to come to the conclusion

Shipping number = Delivered?

Absolutely BONKERS!

Login to Me Too

green4ao
Contributor
Contributor

In my case scammers from Banggood created one PayPal invoice for two items, one of items Huawei router and another cat8 rj45 ethernet cable, one package as i think was send from China (router) and another from Turkey or stuck in Turkey. I get router quickly but cable lost or maybe they doesn't sent cable at all, who knows. But what is interesting PayPal covers this illegal activity, i bet they do it because seller always pays much more..i always promoted PayPal as reliable service, but maybe its time to switch. Because Banggood when they started also worked excellent,but now..they loose all respect and reliability in my eyes. And we are talking about something that costs 10euro, they prefer to scam client (so called business strategy). They shot oneself in the foot.  I think to switch to Payeer or crypto transactions with Escrow Platform..there is no more reason to use PayPal with such **bleep** Buyer Protection.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.