Bait-And-Switch

JJLarwa
New Community Member
I purchased a Bluetooth bracelet from Inteltey.com. It was supposed to have some pretty amazing capabilities. Projecting a screen onto the wearer's wrist was the big selling point. It was initially advertised to me through Facebook. I clicked on the link and paid through PayPal. After an extended wait I received a cheap Bluetooth step-counter that didn't look anything like what I was sold. It was sent from an address in California. I filed a claim a little over a month ago with PayPal because this was a bait-and-switch scam. PayPal has now instructed me to send the false item to an address in China. Shipping to do so will be more than half of what the item originally cost. Inteltey appears to be Zhixing Trading Company. Zhixing Trading Company received my payment when I purchased through the Inteltey.com website. I've looked up Zhixing Trading Company here in tbe community forum and I am not tbe first person to fall victim to this sort of scam. It becomes problematic for me when PayPal appears to aiding and abetting Zhixing in this fraud. Anyone have any suggestions for what I can do? Thank you
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Go to message center and start a chat, get past the bot to a live person (might take a while), the tell him/her you got a worthless item and ask for refund without sending item back. If you can provide evidence that the return address is fake then show that too (many addresses given are fake or bogus). Take photos of junk you received.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.