Backdated shipping scams -- Paypal any responsibility?

tripel
Contributor
Contributor

I bought Bestway pool float via Paypal, but never received it -- in fact was not even given a confirmation email.  All I received was an email from Paypal saying the item had shipped and arrived 6 days before I bought it.
Then I opened a claim, which Paypal closed without even reaching out to me, apparently because the seller issued a second bogus, backdated shipping code, and that was good enough to suffice as an investigation for paypal
What recourse do I have now?  Resolution center shows this as closed.  I tried calling and waited on hold endlessly; no one answered.  I messaged these details through resolution center and had an exchange with someone who directed me towards an appeal button in resolution center which did not exist.  Then he told me he'd connect me to the Disputes center, and that was nearly an hour ago of holding.  How do I appeal this?
Does Paypal bear any responsibilities for bogus transactions it facilitates?

Their support email doesnt work.  There is no way to get a hold of anyone.

Are they actively working with these scammers or what?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

jericoliz
Contributor
Contributor

If you get satisfaction, please let me know how.  I had a similar experience, submitted proof of fraud and had my claim denied.  I don't think anyone at PP even reviews these claims.  It's just easier and cheaper for them to deny them out of hand.  I've also had them instruct me to click on choices that don't exist, wait for chat help for over an hour.  PAYPAL SUPPORTS FRAUD ARTISTS INSTEAD OF HONEST CUSTOMERS!

Another PP customer is asking if anyone is interested in a class action suit.  I suggest you read his post and give it consideration.  Speaking only for myself, I'm in!  PayPal needs to be held accountable. 

Login to Me Too

tripel
Contributor
Contributor

i think if you open a claim through their dispute center -- the other party (seller) only has to respond with some action for them to justify closing it.  Ie, my scammer seller simply sent a 2nd bogus shipping tracking code and Paypal shut it all down.  So, scammers take note  -- Paypal will collaborate as long as you take the minimum steps to satisfy their automated resolution process, after all there are next to zero actual humans in the process.

I would like to hear about this class action suit -- link?

thanks

Login to Me Too

jericoliz
Contributor
Contributor

Look up the post from Oconnor1USA.  That's where I read about it.  Hopefully it will materialize.  I'd be the first to sign up. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.