BV9800 scam

IanScotson
Contributor
Contributor
I responded to a vivimine advert on facebook before xmas and bought a bv9800 phone. When it turned up it was NOT a bv at all but some cheap **bleep** chinese generic X27 +. I went through paypal and was offered a $50 refund ( it cost $99 ) so i refused and claimed the full 99 (82 gbp). Paypal agreed BUT i had to send the phone back to china first. UK royal mail wont post phones (lithium) but DHL will, it was going to cost me £70 to send it so i asked to accept the previous offer of 50 and keep the x27. Had no replies from either paypal or china and then paypal ended the claim!!! I am still $99 out of pocket and only have a crappy x27+ to show for it. How is this paypal effort of protecting its customers supposed to end? Disgruntled paypal user.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@IanScotson 

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Sadly you bought cheap tat from China, these sites are prevalent on Facebook that does not vet sellers.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....have had to put the US link as you have not said what country you are in.
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@IanScotson 

In the event of a dispute you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you buy from that seller / item / country.

Sadly you bought cheap tat from China, these sites are prevalent on Facebook that does not vet sellers.

Paypal state this >>
PayPal is not obliged to reimburse you for any costs that you incur to comply with any of PayPal’s requests for cooperation for the purpose of resolving the problem (including, without limitation, costs that you incur to return a SNAD item to the Payment Recipient or another party as PayPal requests), although sometimes it may reimburse these costs.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction .....have had to put the US link as you have not said what country you are in.
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/what-is-return-shipping-on-us-and-how-do-i-activate-it-fa...

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

patrick143
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I have a X27 plus which is a fake as it is not an 8 core it's a 2 core. The android version is also not as displayed. If you do an about phone under system what info do you have?

Login to Me Too

Marmur
Contributor
Contributor
PayPal had several notices of the Vivimine SCAM PayPal should stop ""Vivimine"" account when notified. VIVIMINE told me to get PayPal to resolve the problem. PayPal say register the package and return it by DHL. The trouble and EXPENSE involved and battery is Lithium. Please refer to "trustpilot". You will see all the Vivimine BV9800 SCAMs. I purchase everything through thinking it's reliable, not anymore. In short VERY DISSAPOINTED with PayPal.
Login to Me Too

Marmur
Contributor
Contributor
As you say check: Trustpilot. 8 people report the same problem with Vivienne and BV9800. How can PAYPAL let them operate this SCAM. Lost confidence in PAYPAL.
Login to Me Too

Marmur
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I had the exact same problem / Scam.

See below:

-----------------------------------

VIVIMINE:

Thank you for your purchase!

Hi Brendan, we're getting your order ready to be shipped. We will notify you when it has been sent.

-----------------------------

I received a rubbish phone worth $35. 

VIVIMINE through PAYPAL expect me to Send Phone back to China, Registered post.

I checked various sites and found that this VIVIMINE is a SCAM

Refer:

1.     trustpilot vivimine.  

2. Scamdoc vivimine.

PAYPAL are as GULITY as VIVIMINE, the problem was pointed out to them earlier...

Very dissapointed in PAYPAL....

Brendan

Login to Me Too

Marmur
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I had the exact same problem, so had at least 4 other Paypal clients.

VIVIMINE was the Company..... Swindlers who took my money after Paypal.. Like yourself, they offerred a refund provided I Sent it Back, Registered by courier.

Frustrating to think that Paypal let the people get away with such corruption / theft.

Like yourself I have a RUBBISH phone costing be 90Euro, I could have bought it for 40Euro if I had wanted it.

Very frustrating!!!!.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.