BFE Corporation is a SCAM

Macarlu7
Contributor
Contributor

I orderered Lysol spray disinfectant from an online website Lysolty shop IT'S A SCAM I received a bogus tracking number and PayPal paid them only to receive my p"package" today which instead of my 6 cans of Lysol spray was a small toy the size of a quarter. I see other post that this has happened to many people and Pay Pal appears to be doing NOTHING to stop this

Login to Me Too
69 REPLIES 69

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HarryDCash 

Chinese Web Sites or on Social Media ads easy to spot (once you know the below signs) so buyer beware.

Paypal would not be able to check every individual seller / merchant / company in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.

So they give you 'some' buyer protection but the onus is on you to risk assess your transactions.

They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.

The best thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them -

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

In the event of a dispute you choose your seller and not Paypal so you need to bear in mind possible return trackable costs before you go ahead and buy from that seller / country.

Paypal state this >>
IMPORTANT: You may be required to return the item to the seller or other party we specify as part of the settlement of your claim. PayPal Buyer Protection does not entitle you to reimbursement for the return shipping costs that you may incur.

Although they will compensate you for some of the cost if you have activated this at some point before you made that transaction.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/FAQ3544

You also have the option to do a chargeback via your card issuer instead of a Paypal dispute if you funded your Paypal payment via a credit card.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sucxered
Contributor
Contributor

Why use PayPal if they don't acknowledge we users are obviously being scammed?  My solution was to stop using PayPal until they refund my money. Sending a small sponge from a USA address to get a tracking # delivery to claim a sale? Then wanting me to send bogus item to an incomprehensible Chinese address that had nothing to do with the purchase to possibly get a refund? So who exactly is being protected other than PayPal's bottom line? Sad situation that is being handled poorly by PayPal.

Login to Me Too

flanicki
Contributor
Contributor

You are exactly right! I initially called PayPal and told them I did not get my item, which was a 42.9 inch chair, but instead received a piece of foam in a tiny package. They opened my case and then sent me an email today telling me they were closing the case because the merchant had provided a tracking number. Yes, a tracking number for a piece of foam, not a chair. I called the same toll-free number back and told the woman that that was not what I had ordered. She reopen the case and changed it to, “item not as described“ and then immediately closed my case in my favor. They are refunding me the $98.58. For those of you that are interested the toll-free number for PayPal that I called was[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] While talking with Anna, the representative a PayPal, I asked her if there was any contact information for this fraudulent company. She said there was no phone number but she gave me an email address. I just tried to submit this comment, but it wouldn’t let me move forward with it until I took out the email address, <removed> I’m getting ready to send them an email now. I’m also going to report this email address to the authorities. Not sure that it will do any good, but it can’t hurt. If you Google “BFE corporation scam”, the very first article that pops up is this PayPal community discussion.

Login to Me Too

DMBFAN07032
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the exact same issue. 
I have opened up a complaint twitch PayPal today. I hope there is a resolution. 

Login to Me Too

Marihill
New Community Member
I did not receive my Lysol order! I received some stupid little toy!! I even asked that my original order be cancelled and they did nothing. I notified PayPal again and better get a response satisfaction this time.
Login to Me Too

Ronicooper
Contributor
Contributor
Spoiler
Spoiler
I cannot believe I was scammed in exactly the same way by BFE Corporation on 11/11/2020. I am usually VERY careful and I’ve been ill so maybe I didn’t research as I should’ve but nothing very bad stood out. I never got an email saying my order was received and I never got the $93.55 of Clorox products I ordered. I got an unmarked tiny package from China with a toy(?) the size of a coin on 11/20/2020. 

Only today 12/09/2020 did I start researching my missing cleaning products to find that the tracking number relates to that tiny Chinese toy. How can PayPal continue to allow this obvious SCAM! I hope Chase Visa will make good on this, losing nearly $100 at this point in time is a hardship!

Login to Me Too

copykon
Contributor
Contributor

I found the link advertised on Facebook. It appeared to be a Black Friday Sale so I grabbed a small generator for 79.00. A few weeks later, I get a small plastic toy whistle in the mail with a return address of BFE Corporation STE E 114 Melrich Rd Cranbury NJ.

Paypal NEEDS to verify people!!!!!!!

I also submitted a complaint to the BBB in New Jersey.

Login to Me Too

Cherhof
It seems Facebook will take money from anyone who wants to advertise on their site. They need to take some responsibility for l this, I too was scammed and was so mad at myself cause I caught it right after paypal sent an email and I didn't recognize the vendor, I was ordering something from Cricut not some overseas company. It only took about 30 minutes of investigating to realize the company was a scam and I had been had. The website address as well as the wording in some spots was a sure giveaway. If I could come up with this info why can't Facebook track down these companies cause there are hundreds of them and they are all advertising on Facebook. How could they, in good conscience allow these sites to traffic their website and say they know nothing about it. It's appalling.
Login to Me Too

bella528
Contributor
Contributor

HI. I WAS READING ABOUT THIS COMPANY.  I DIDNT ORDER ANYTHING FROM THEM AND RECEIVED A PACKAGE IN THE MAIL AND INSIDE WAS THREE SMALL XMAS ORNAMENTS.  WHEN I TRIED TO CONTACT THE COMPANY ALL I SAW WAS FRAUDULENT TRANSACTIONS.  DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS A WAY TO CONTACT THEM OR HOW TO GO ABOUT FINDING OUT WHAT THIS IS ALL ABOUT.  VERY WEIRD. THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE ME. 

Login to Me Too

copykon
Contributor
Contributor

The money is being wired directly to an individual in China. BFE Corporation was simply a placebo mailing address and they set that up through a usps mail broker. (if you ship something you can put down any ole return address). In addition, the fly by night websites they used to list products is completely fake.

I fell for it simply because I seen Paypal listed as an option.

But to answer your question, No.

Our only recourse is paypal.

However, I would have that card deactivated immediately if those transactions were not authorized. Call your credit card company right away

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.