Awful Customer Service re. Complaints

frreyafaulkner
Contributor
Contributor

I have had an issue with a seller that is fraudulent. Since receiving their product I realised that they were selling counterfeits products of a well known women's wear brand and using the brands actual images from the website and instagram to sell the faulty, counterfeit products. 

I used the resolution centre to message Pay Pal to flag that the company were fraudulent and that I was concerned about sending the product I had received from China to an address in Arizona (so as to receive my refund) as I had little confidence it was actually the sellers address and not a proxy or a PO Box at that point and taking into account what I had come to know. 

Pay Pal forwarded my email to them, directly onto the seller. This resulted in me receiving an aggressive threatening email from the seller. I was dismayed and felt let down by Pay Pal. 

I eventually managed to get to speak to an actual person at Pay Pal. There are no numbers to call. I emailed and received a number and a pin code for that call. I spoke to that operative and explained my issues were: 

1) Concern I had now paid for tracked delivery to Arizona from the UK and had little confidence that the seller would be able to acknowledge receipt suspecting the address is a proxy/PO Box 

2) Concern that Pay Pal are trading with and promoting the business of a fraudulent seller 

3) Dismay that Pay Pal's behaviour in sending my email onto the seller had resulted in me receiving a threatening email from the seller

I was given an email address to forward on the threatening email too. I forward on that email and evidence that the seller is acting fraudulently sending links to the dresses/products listed on their site, and the dresses/products as listed on Spell and the Gypsy, which they have directly lifted. 

That was ten days ago. I have had nothing from Pay Pal at this point. Not even a courtesy message to say my emails have been received. 

I have sent multiple emails in the interim asking for a response. Asking to be put through to someone further to discuss this. I have had nothing. And as anticipated I have still not been refunded despite the fact that the tracked and signed package arrived at it's destination 7 days ago. 

I am utterly shocked and appalled at the customer service experience. I can't think of a time when or a brand that has behaved this badly in terms of their customer service and care. 

Can anyone recommend an email / a phone number / any kind of contact that I can reach out to at this point? Any suggestions or help would be welcome. 

Thank you, Freya  

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

coreygeer319
Contributor
Contributor

I know you don't want to hear this but after an employee in the company has made a decision, no one will look into your case anymore. I've gone through it a couple of times despite having a mountain of evidence against people getting away with fraud. PayPal's customer support is routed to New Delhi where people read from a script and will not look into your case. There are Twitter accounts and an executive escalation email you can try but more often than not, most people never even get a response. 

Just go and look at their Twitter and the responses they get on their own tweets. The customer support needs to be rehauled and completely redone. It's 100% unacceptable for a company that makes this much money to be so careless with people's livelihoods. You can email them over and over but you'll get the same generic response that the case has already been closed. I and many others have been through the same thing. They do not care. 

I am sorry this happened to you but you'll never get closure from PayPal. Any attempts you make to contact them will be in vain. Once they close a case, they will not look into it again and you will be threatened with account closer if you tell them you're contacting the BBB or a lawyer. I'm a freelancer for digital goods and I've recently had a $400 dispute where the buyer gave a generic 'commissioned piece not received'. No matter what I said, what evidence I gave them or who I tried to contact, no one cared or would even look at my case. It won't make a difference but you can try this email: At least you'll get someone above the basic level of their God awful customer support. 

LOL nevermind. I tried to include their email but PayPal won't let me post a reply with that email posted. Absolutely insane. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.