Attention Fraud! Scam marketplace

Butler1
Contributor
Contributor

Spoiler (Highlight to read) Spoiler (Highlight to read)   

THEY ARE TRYING TO BE LEGITIMATE TO PayPal!

FB constantly advertises this scammer marketplace despite numerous reports! And, after successful "brushing scams", they now go further.
I got scammed by this company <removed>
I purchased a "6-in-1 Desktop Live Stand Set", paid by PayPal and received a pair of glasses.
I submitted "purchase protection claim"/"not as described". Obviously, I will not do any returns and have some extra expenses.
Should I know, I would never accept this delivery.

This is well-designed scam!
This criminal has been advertising on Facebook and Instagram popular products worth a few hundred US Dollars at a deep discount. Once you make a purchase, they will send you something worthless and cheap to mail. After you complain that they have sent you the wrong product, they will offer you a refund of a few dollars, a fraction of what you paid; or claim that they will mail you the correct product once you return the incorrect product to them. If you try to do this return, they will claim never to have received it. If you try to get a refund from PayPal or your credit card issuer, they will claim that this is a case of delivery error, and all will be sorted out once you successfully return the incorrect product. They are trying to look legitimate to PayPal and credit-card issuers, whilst trying to wear you down in an endless return loop, in which you never get the correct product or a refund.

If you have received something near worthless that fits into a small package or envelope from <removed>, - you have been scammed!

Please follow the link above at least to report the advert to FB, as FB does not react. 

PLEASE HELP TO STOP THEM FROM OPERATING!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Butler1
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal decided in my favor without requesting a return of received "goods" to the seller (avoiding additional postage expenses). Probably because the scam was so obvious: I ordered a big camera stand/rig and received a pair of scrap glasses. The full amount was deducted back from the seller. 
I just noticed the same company keeps advertising on FB, so be careful and wise! 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Kissme7
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your useful information. Me too got scammed. I followed all the returned shipping instructions thoroughly. The shipping fees was quite expensive but you can get a flat rate fee of $39 for an envelope (if the items were small enough to fit), that includes with tracking number and insurance. Also PayPal offers a returned shipping fees too, you need to activate it first. Make sure to take photos of the items, the package with company’s address on it and your receipt from the post office.  Hope this helps. 

Login to Me Too

Butler1
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply!
Did you manage to get a refund from PayPal under purchase protection? Was your shipping fee actually covered by PayPal

Login to Me Too

Kissme7
Contributor
Contributor

Not yet, I just mailed back the items the other day February 24th and hoping to hear back sometime soon and just submitted all the requirements yesterday February 25th for the free return shipping and hoping also the PayPal will resolve it. Will keep posting updates. 

Login to Me Too

Kissme7
Contributor
Contributor

So, PayPal refunded me only a portion for my returned shipping fees? I paid $39.30 and that’s the lowest shipping fees you can get to mailed the package to China and PayPal is only refunding me for $30.00 ?  Kindly someone please explained it to me. It’s just not fair.  Please see the attached photos and can someone tell me why and how do I get the rest of my money for returned shipping fees?

CBE3C196-18D7-4DC4-A4E9-73B7CDE74B79.jpeg

Login to Me Too
Solved

Butler1
Contributor
Contributor

PayPal decided in my favor without requesting a return of received "goods" to the seller (avoiding additional postage expenses). Probably because the scam was so obvious: I ordered a big camera stand/rig and received a pair of scrap glasses. The full amount was deducted back from the seller. 
I just noticed the same company keeps advertising on FB, so be careful and wise! 

Login to Me Too

trinile
New Community Member

I had 2 incidences late last year both purchases off of FB.  1 place sent me a cheap watch when I ordered a furniture.  The other sent me missing parts.  I even had it where they apologized for the mistake.   

However, PayPal **bleep** me by saying I must return whatever it was they sent me before I can get any credit back.  ??? So I need to pay $20.00+ in shipping in order to get a $25.81 back. In the end, PayPal voted in both of their favors.  

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.