At wits end regarding dispute

Selene_S
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm absolutely at my wits' end regarding a dispute I opened in July for a not-as-described item.

PayPal reviewed the case and asked me to post the item (a pair of shoes) back to seller by a deadline in early August, and provide proof of tracking on the Resolution Centre. I posted the shoes (guaranteed & signed for) but kept getting an error message when trying to upload the required documents. I rang PayPal and was told to upload the documents using a different link, which I did (before the deadline) and for good measure I also attached the documents to a message in the Message Centre, obviously with full information relating the pictures to the open dispute (and got a message back that they had been received).

Weeks later, the case was denied as, PayPal said, I had not provided the required documents.

I rang again twice and on the second call, a gentleman called Eddie from Customer Centre, who was incredibly helpful, looked at all the documentation for the case, checked the tracking on the Royal Mail website, and reopened the case for me asking me to resubmit the tracking evidence once more, using the alternative link, which I promptly did.

I've just now received an email that the case was denied again, because I did not provide tracking info!

What can I do? I'm quite literally at my wits' end. I keep submitting the tracking info, plus the screenshot that shows that the shoes were received & signed for weeks ago, yet it seems that whoever makes the decision on the case cannot see these documents, even though the people I speak with on the phone when I ring PayPal can (and seem at a loss too as to why the case was denied).

Please can someone help? It's a significant amount of money (£105) and I now have neither money nor shoes!
Selene 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Selene_S 

Customer services is pretty pathetic isn't it.

All you can do is try again......................

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Selene_S
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks.. I've already called three times and they seem helpful and knowledgeable on the phone -- but then, days later, I get an email it's been denied! It's as if there was zero communication between the people taking the calls and the ResC guys. I'm so disheartened but I just can't afford to lose money AND shoes! I'll try FB now....

Login to Me Too

Selene_S
Contributor
Contributor

I've just tried their FB page and all I get is "I don't understand" messages -- so frustrating! I want to cry 😞 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.