Assistance require with buyer attempting to claim item was not delivered

louishowe1
Contributor
Contributor

I have sold an item on eBay which was advertised as collection only. The buyer sent a third party courier service to collect the item from me, and is now claiming he has never received the item from me. I have proof of delivery (I have the tracking information) but Paypal are telling me that I cannot submit this information as I did not arrange the shipping myself. I now stand to loose the money (almost £200) and the item (so £400 value in total), and paypal are not prepared too help me even though there is clear evidence the item has been delivered.

I also have photos from the buyer which were sent via eBay which proove the item was delivered.

What should I do? As it stands I am due to loose everything due to an apparent fraudster.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

louishowe1
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Drew, thankyou for replying to my question. I have since been in touch with PayPal customer support who have helped me massively. It became clear the purchaser was trying to pull a fast on and bend the rules. Thankyou for all your support with this matter.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Drew

Hi @louishowe1

Sorry if this dispute process has caused frustration. If there is tracking information from your house to theirs and we can see it online, we should be able to take the tracking information. Just make sure you provide the website as to where we can search the tracking information. Have you already received an outcome on the dispute or is it still in review? If it has been closed, you can appeal the claim.              

Regards, 

Drew                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

Login to Me Too
Solved

louishowe1
Contributor
Contributor
Hi Drew, thankyou for replying to my question. I have since been in touch with PayPal customer support who have helped me massively. It became clear the purchaser was trying to pull a fast on and bend the rules. Thankyou for all your support with this matter.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.