Asos / Yodel - Paypal found in seller's favour!

Tabitha005
Contributor
Contributor

I am beyond angry. I placed an order with Asos at the beginning of August which never arrived (I presume taken from my doorstep despite me being very clear in telling Asos NOT to leave parcels outside as I've had things stolen before). Yodel was the carrier. 

Paypal, bizarrely, found in Asos' favour when I raised a dispute and now I'm £225 out of pocket. What recourse do I have now?

Has anyone else experienced this?

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

GobTheGhoul

I had a very similar issue with Gearbest via PayPal which today has finally been resolved in my favour.

GearBest would not open a claim with the courier (Yodel) because tracking had stated delivered.

Yodel would not deal with me because I was not the sender.

Yodel customer service conducted two investigations and came back with some rubbish cut and paste about being delivered correctly (signed for by me (it wasn't) and a description of "me" from the driver (wildly inaccurate)).

I provided my real signature (as the courier clearly forged mine and either dumped the package and it was stolen, or took it themselves).

No luck from paypal (Twice found in sellers favour due to tracking stating delivered), Yodel or GB.

Then I reached out to Yodel via their Twitter account. They conducted another investigation with my signature from passport and driving license and provided me with a letter stating that following this investigation they confirm the package was NOT delivered and the courier had been dealt with as per policy.

I provided this to GB. No luck.

I called PayPal and they re-opened the dispute and asked me to upload the letter.

They have now found in my favour today and I have my money back (£330)

So if your seller isn't helping, Yodel's social media team via Twitter with the right supporting evidence (Real sig vs theirs) was the way to go, then go back to paypal to review the new information.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.