Asking the Receiver of Family and Friends money for proof of fulfillment and receipts

LawdHaveMercy
Contributor
Contributor
I keep trying to send one of friends money through “family & friends” but every time they receive the cash PayPal treats it as if I sent the money through Good & Services and asks her for fulfillment or a receipt of her purchase when it is indeed a gift. Instead of getting the money PayPal Is asking her to resolve these issues and she can’t because it’s through family and friends so the money ends up being sent right back to my PayPal balance... What should I do? Is it something in my or her settings that’s causing this issue?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LawdHaveMercy 

Your best bet is to contact paypal direct then, you can log into your account and use the message centre and email them or the live chat option should be up and running.....its a bit random, country dependent.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LawdHaveMercy 

What country are they in?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

LawdHaveMercy
Contributor
Contributor
The United States. Same country
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LawdHaveMercy 

How very weird, not being funny but are you sure you are using the friends / family option, do you select that option after filling in the email address?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

LawdHaveMercy
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I make sure payment protection is off and I push send to a trusted friend. This is not the only time something like this happened. PayPal hasn’t even paid me back for the money that just up and left my PayPal balance i had sent to a friend as well. And the other time I had accidentally sent the money through good and services. Instead of PayPal just giving the person the money they don’t even bother refunding it neither. I’m getting tired of PayPal scamming me. It use to work now it hasn’t done anything for me in the past year.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LawdHaveMercy 

Your best bet is to contact paypal direct then, you can log into your account and use the message centre and email them or the live chat option should be up and running.....its a bit random, country dependent.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

LawdHaveMercy
Contributor
Contributor

thank you for your time and consideration. i was enraged but I'm calm now. my apologies

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LawdHaveMercy 

You can get enraged at paypal as much as you like, that doesn't bother me as i have nothing to do with them...thank goodness.  😜

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.