Asking for money back because user did not send product

Kguser1940
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a case with PayPal (not many options to chose from) I explained why I picked that and why I was trying to get a refund. They completely ignored my comments and closed my case “because it was a successful transfer “ well no **bleep**! Will PayPal refund money if the seller that was selling a product is MIA and about a week still No product? Or should I just go with my bank? since seller is MIA and not returning any of my attempts of communication I doubt the product will even be mailed out.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kguser1940 

As you haven't said which dispute you opened / if you escalated it to a claim and what happened then hard to advise you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kguser1940
Contributor
Contributor
It was a money transfer dispute. There wasn’t much to select from. I picked the one that made more sense and made sure I added a very detailed message. It was declined because what I’ve selected 🤦🏻‍♀️ Called them and they suggested to dispute it with my bank… So that day I’ve learned. Thanks anyways
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Joy

Hi @Kguser1940,

I'm sorry to hear that your dispute was denied and you have not received an item you purchased. Was the payment sent as Friends and Family or a payment for Goods and Services? If it was sent as Friends and Family, there is no Buyer Protection so you would be unable to open a dispute unless it the transaction was unauthorized, which you've stated that you did initiate the transaction. For a Friends and Family payment, your best option would be checking with your financial institution to see what options they may have.

If the payment was sent as a payment for Goods and Services, you would want to open a dispute for an 'Item not Received'. You may be able to appeal the decision and change the reason code on the dispute. 

If you need additional assistance, I suggest contacting our Customer Support by clicking 'Contact' at the bottom of any PayPal website page to view available options. You can also reach out by sending us a private message on Facebook or a direct message on Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Joy
If you have found any post within the Community to be helpful, please leave a Kudos or Accept it as a Solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.