Asked to return all the items not just one...

Kessu83
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, I opened i dispute for an item not as described from a combined purchase from the same buyer. One of the items i am not happy, the rest are ok. But paypal resolution is that i have to return them all. Makes no sense, furthermore, when you first open a dispute, paypal system allows you select the specific items you want to open a dispute, within the same combined payment, leaving the OK ones unafected. If theya have set up the system like this...why on earth they ask me now to return then all? I have sent 3 emails to paypal and they just dont reply to my question...its just like an automatic response. Thanks
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kessu83 

The idea is that you work it out with the seller during the dispute phase so if the seller agrees to you returning x1 item for a refund then that can go ahead.

However when you escalate to a claim for paypal to get involved then the ONLY option available (as the system is automated on the whole) is if they find in your favour you return anything back to the seller for a full refund.

Paypal do not get involved in part refunds or part returns.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Kessu83
Contributor
Contributor
Many thanks for your reply. But my case is different. This is not a partial refund. This is how it works whenever you open a dispute,Paypal website system allows you to select only the affected items within the same transaction. It is not a partial refund of one item ( which btw paypal system also allows you to input, partial refund option), it is a full refund of one item within one combined shipping / invoice. Cheers
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Cristina

Hi Kessu83,

I understand your concerns. When you select the partial refund, you offer this to the seller. If the seller does not accept your request, PayPal will request to ship all the items back in order to get the full refund. It depends on your country, you may be eligible under our Return Shipping Program.

I hope this helps to clarify.

Cristina

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PayPal_Cristina 

Thanks for the confirmation. Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.