Aser.co SCAM SCAM SCAMS

wshal
Contributor
Contributor

Purchased shoe containers from this company. Received a shipment almost 2 months later, and it wasn't what I ordered. $323.00. Now i have to ship it back to China for a full refund, but had to pay $129 for the return. Buyer Beware.

If you go to the website, it shows you nothing. 

Shame on you PayPal, what a joke. You're not worthy of anyone's business

Login to Me Too
80 REPLIES 80

B_Scott
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, credit card companies will refuse to put through transactions to fraudulent companies.  PayPal doesn't and therefore allows these companies to continue to scam customers.

These companies know how to game the system.  They start a new company which doesn't have any complaints.  They populate the listing details with hundreds of positive reviews to build trust.  Then they scam you on the purchase.  They rake in hundreds of thousands of dollars (if not more) in the time it takes to ship the order and to have customers start complaining online.  They know that PayPal will side with them as long as they offer a full refund if the product is returned.  They also know that return shipping with tracking from North America to China is oftentimes double the cost of the item.  They win.

Login to Me Too

SC1955
Contributor
Contributor

Sad part is they use trusted PayPay parter and US shipper. Normally I would stay clear of overseas companies but not till after you order and have problem do they come up with refund policy. Heard FBI has site to report internet fraud. PayPal makes money so why would they police these folks. Very easy to weed them out. Just hold payment to them till customer oks. They got me for 48.99 and two friends that ordered too. I’m leery now to order on internet and going back to my credit card

Login to Me Too

SC1955
Contributor
Contributor

Got ad in Facebook for large adult dinosaur arm puppet. 48.99 price. Three weeks later received small envelope containing very small kids “hand” puppet. Contacted them and they only would offer pennies on dollar refund and I could keep worthless item sent or at my expense return to bogus address in China. Moedsty was original company now emails from Aser.com never could find product on web site shame on both Facebook and PayPal for allowing such scammers to do business. My friend also got same scam. They don’t say anything about item shipped from China and figure as long as send disproportionately less value item not worth postage to send back can’t be held criminally responsible. With as many complaints you would think PayPal would stop transactions.

Login to Me Too

Junxai
Contributor
Contributor
I bought a drawing tablet and all they sent was they stylus for the drawing tablet, A STYLUS, they are absolute garbage to try to get in contact with and sending just the stylus back for a refund would have costed 3/4s what the product costed! Absolutely do not buy from this scammer trash!
Login to Me Too

B_Scott
Contributor
Contributor

The same thing happened to me. Everything from the shopping cart to the website to my PayPal invoice said drawing tablet but PayPal didn't care.  I live in Canada and it would have cost me more than the price of the item to ship back to China PLUS they gave a time frame of 7 days to return.  There is no shipping option besides courier at ($125) to get it back in that time frame again PayPal didn't care.  I phoned my credit card company and they started the process to refund me.  

I ended up buying the Huion HS610 from Amazon - it was $20 more but it is a beautiful drawing tablet.  

Login to Me Too

AprilJinWI
Contributor
Contributor
Same here! In fact Facebook blocked them from selling items because of the reports of scamming. How does PayPal still support them? Then they asked me to ship something back to China in a few days to get a refund. $70 down the drain in a pandemic. Shame on PayPal for making this harder than they should protecting these scam companies and allowing them to use their service. I’m sure they make a ton. Someone should contact an investigative journalist.
Login to Me Too

SC1955
Contributor
Contributor

Heck they get percentage of sale and as long as they send something regardless of worth or accurately as ordered PayPal is off the hook. Problem is Aser will just change name again. My order was Moedsty company. After few emails they were Aser same email format. Address for return doesn’t exist. I filed report with FBI.

Login to Me Too

LL37
Contributor
Contributor
Chiming in because I’ve been scammed too! They sent me an empty envelope from a California address. They refuse to refund me so I contact PayPal. PayPal says I have to mail the item back to China, which is very expensive but I don’t even have an item! I truly shocked PayPal is still working with them. They don’t seem to take credit cards but use PayPal because they are getting away with this scam 😞
Login to Me Too

macklb

Sadly, I too fell for this scam.  A $400 Shimano round reel for $50.  It came from a cheapo U.S. store and was a broken spinning reel, absolutely worthless.  They are now starting this run-around on me.  PayPal should flag this company and not process any payments for them, and give the customer notice of their fraudulent activity.

Login to Me Too

SC1955
Contributor
Contributor

I’m talking with local tv news department, they in process of ordering from them to do segment on Facebook scams and PayPal allowing them to continue after all the fall out from scammed customers. Already sent them feedback from this site. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.