Art Commission - think I'm being scammed, what are the chances of a refund?

Reiya
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

As the title suggests, I paid an artist upfront roughly $380 for a commissioned piece of art. (Not through friends/family.)

Stupidly, I thought because they were a popular artist with a big following, it would be legit.

Now this artist has ghosted me for several months, (despite promising me the art within two weeks,) and I've discovered there's a lot of people complaining about the same thing, so it's starting to feel like a scam.

I have a bit of time left on the paypal protection, so I'm willing to wait just a liiitle longer, but I'm just wondering, if I open a case, what are my chances of getting a refund?

And if the artist replies but refuses, what are my chances of forcing the refund?

(I just know they'll give me a sob story and try to guilt-trip me and then the paypal protection will run out, as they seem to have done this to multiple others beforeand then ghosted again and I'm not willing to get caught out like that.) So is there an option where Paypal will intervene and give me the money back regardless?

At this point I've felt so stressed by it I don't even really want the art at all anymore.

Thanks for the help!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.