Are Paypal Defending Rip off merchants rather than the buyer?

justjerry
Contributor
Contributor

I cannot believe how useless the resolution center is. I have a case open in the Resolution center which paypal have made a complete mess of at my expense. Because firstly the item didnt arrive, then when it did it was not only damaged but also a different pair of glasses that were inferior to the ones I ordered. Paypals decision is for me to send them back to China at my expense undamaged for a refund. HOW CAN I SEND THEM BACK UNDAMAGED WHEN THEY ARRIVED DAMAGED??? what happened to paypals buyer protection? and why is paypal making me pay the return postage for an item that was A) Not as described and B) Damaged. This has gone on for weeks already and still I havn't got a refund.  No wonder ebay doesnt want them on their site any more if this is the standard of service users can expect. I handed my money over in good faith and didnt get what I paid for. It couldnt get any more clear cut than that so if they cant get this right then I have got no faith what so ever in paypals customer services. I have tried contacting paypal but just got led round in circles on their contact us page and never managed to speak to a real person. I am used to Chinese sellers trying to rip me off but I am amazed that I am now getting done over by paypal too, what a joke. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Karen768
New Community Member
I totally agree with you. I opened a case in the resolution centre because I was sent an item that was totally different to the photos of it on the sellers website and not worth what I paid for it. PayPal has decided that I will get a full refund after I have returned the item at my own expense to China (the item wasn't posted to me from China, it wasn't posted within the UK) and it arrives in good condition. If I return it and yet the company say they haven't received it, or it was damaged I won't get any refund. Even if I do get my refund, I will lose money because I have to pay for international tracked postage, but the seller gets away with continuing to be able to mis sell, gets the item back and loses no money. PayPal is in no way protecting its buyers, and the resolution centre is a complete waste of time.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.