Approve refund

Lou91
Contributor
Contributor
Hi I have a open case on paypal and I agreed to refund the buyer as long as she returns the item, I received the item back today and she had sent tracking info. I thought that she would get her money automatically but it says I need to approve it how do I do that? Thanks
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @Lou91 

I hope all is well.

Thank you very much for being responsive and I am glad to hear that you already got your item back. 

Re: the refund should be automatic and nothing that you need to approve. Please check the status of the claim via resolution center, if it still shows open then the case has not been adjudicated by Dispute department and I am sorry for our shortcoming as we are still in skeletal schedule due to pandemic emergency and still trying to catch up.

How do I check the status of my dispute or claim? 

You will also be getting an email as soon as the case has been closed and refund has been initiated.

Thank you for your patience.

***If you see a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe! ☺

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @Lou91 

I hope all is well.

Thank you very much for being responsive and I am glad to hear that you already got your item back. 

Re: the refund should be automatic and nothing that you need to approve. Please check the status of the claim via resolution center, if it still shows open then the case has not been adjudicated by Dispute department and I am sorry for our shortcoming as we are still in skeletal schedule due to pandemic emergency and still trying to catch up.

How do I check the status of my dispute or claim? 

You will also be getting an email as soon as the case has been closed and refund has been initiated.

Thank you for your patience.

***If you see a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe! ☺

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.